cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg - Regression Testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to do the regression testing in dev(am having some idea abt that ,but i dont know how to proceed)

I need a sample template to do the Regression testing and gv me some valuable suggestions(how to proceed.)

It will be a great help,if i get some suggestions and sample template.

my email id - ashram_1979@yahoo.com.

Will assign points.

Thanks&Brgds

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Regression testing is basically done after a Version/Patch upgrade o ensure all the BW functionalities are working fine. Now regression testing is done in different ways in different systems.

Sandbox - All the loads are tested - both manually and thro' process chains. Since sandbox does not have much resources only a sample load is tested. New features delivered with version/patch upgrade is tested.

Dev Box - All the developments are tested here like creation of a cube, ODS, Ino-object, reports, web-templates, etc... No loads are tested here. New features delivered with version/patch upgrade are tested. Creation of a test transport request.

QA Box - All the loads are tested here fully. Since the QA box more or less has the same data/resources as Prod Box a full load test is done here.

If there is any problem faced in any of the tests they need to be resolved first befoe proceeding to the next box. Any OSS Note that is to be applied is first applied in Sandbox then Dev and then QA.

Typically each Organisation has its own set of Regression test Doc prepared. So you would need to prepare one for your needs.

Hope this helps.

Bye

Dinesh

sachin_v_joshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Do you have any OLAP specific cases for Load testing purposes on sand-box ?
Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sachin