cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Data manager - Matching mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working with the MDM Data manager and I would like to work with Matching mode (rules, strategies..etc) Could someone give me information about it?

Thanks!,

Marta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

you may have a look at the <a href="http://service.sap.com/installmdm">MDM Documentation Center</a> as well. The Data Manager Reference Guide contains a very detailed description of MDM's matching functionality.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

Matching Mode is used to find and merge duplicates.This can be done in following steps:

<b>Step1.</b> In Data Manager go to Matching Mode and Select<i> Transformation</i> <i>tab</i>.Right click in<i> Transformations pane</i> and select <b>Add Transformation</b> then go to <i>Properties pane </i> and select the field you want to transfrom.Do the proper substitution in <i>substitution pane</i> example: Suppose that there are two values <b>Marta.</b> and <b>Marta</b> due to the "." MDM will interpret them as different values but they are dupllicates so to eliminate this problem you can use substitution. So specify ".' in <i>From </i> and Blank space in <i>To </i>.Create similar transformation for other fields as well.

<b>Step2.</b> Go to <i>Rules tab</i> and Right click in<i> Rules pane</i> and select <b>Add Rules</b> then go to <i>Properties pane </i> and select the transformed field i.e.[XFM] .

Specify the scores for <i>success failure and undefined</i> properties as per your requirement.Create similar rules for other fields as well.

<b>Step3.</b> Go to <i>Strategies tab.</i> and Right click in<i> Strategies pane</i> and select <b>Add strategies</b> In the <i> Rules Pane</i> select the rules you want to include in the Strategy.Min Score and Max Score are calculated automatically. It is the sum of all individual matching rules in this strategy. Low Threshold and High Threshold classify the matching results and must be set manually. They decide the Match Class for a record upon executing the strategy.

<b>Step4.</b> Go to the <i>Records Pane</i> and to execute the matching, select one or more records from the record set and right-click. Select Match Records from the context menu and select the relevant matching type:

• Selected vs. Selected matches the selected records with each other

• Selected vs. Results matches the selected records with the record set derived from the search criteria

• Selected vs. All matches the selected records with all records in the repository

• Results vs. Results matches all records that result from the search criteria

• Results vs. All matches all records that result from the search criteria with the records in the repository

<b>Step5.</b> On the basis of the Score select the record and See the corresponding matched records in the <i>Matches tab</i> and include the records you want to merg<b>e.

Step6.</b> Go to<i> Merge tab</i> and for the selected matched records select the appropriate values and then right click in the bottom pane and select<b> merge records</b>. So the selected records are now existing as a new single merged record.

Try this out and let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

<b>Sagar Sonje</b>

<b>Mark Helpful Answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very good posting.

Greate thanks

Gopi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sagar,

I have tried these steps and they are working fine but after merging record they turn into a blank record..

Thanks Prerna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1139df90-0201-0010-0cb3-e2f96a40...

Hope this helps,

Please mark helpful answers.

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The link specifies matching as of MDM 3.00. Thus the given information does not relate to the current SAP NetWeaver MDM 5.5. Check this blog instead: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3656. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]