Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help for Standard SAP field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to add a search help to Group key (KONZS) field in XK01 transaction. How can i add our own search help to a field in standard transaction?? This is some what urgent, please give me the solution .

Thanks in Adavance,

Moghani.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moghani,

you'd better assign the matchcode to the data element KONZS. This will work for every screen/transaction where it appears.

So you'll need a registration key, go to SE11, modify KONZS data element and assign your help search.

I hope it helps. BR,

Alvaro

0 Kudos

hi,

i know that it can be done using registration key, but we need to do without key. Is there any possibility???

0 Kudos

Hi again,

I'm afraid it's not possible without registration key

0 Kudos

Hi Alvaro,

But there is some possibility to add a search help to Standard SAP field. i didnot remember the way.

moghani.

0 Kudos

You can APPEND your own search help to an SAP field that has search help defined. This is similar to APPENDing fields to an SAP table. But since field KONZS does NOT have any search help assigned, this option is not available to you.

You can also attach the search help to a field on a screen, i.e. limit the scope to that single screen, but this would still require a modification to the system, and hence, an access key. If you want to follow that route, the program name is SAPMF02K, screen 120, element list tab, references tab, search help column.

If you find another way to do this without an access key, please let us know.