cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derivation exit EXIT_SAPLUPC_SERVICES_002

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a big discussion in our project team at the moment. One part is in favour of using the BPS derivation exit in EXIT_SAPLUPC_SERVICES_002 with an include containing our derivations. Advantages:

- Better overview

- Derivations without source characteristics are possible

- Derivations without combination checks etc.

The other party calls this exit "not state-of-the-art" and prefers the Function Modules in the characteristic relationships.

What's your opinion on this or what are additional pro's and con's against the one or the other?

Many thanks in advance,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

several alternative...

- throw a coin

- do what the boss says

- and my favorite... bribery

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I just tried to derivate values as a charcteristic relationship. The derivation should be done on the basis of an ODS (BPS 3.x - I like to have a function like it is provided in BI7 to an DSO). Because I have to derive on a basis of 4 different characteristics I choose an exit. But:

• Where can I get the values of the entered data in the exit? Is there something like IS_CHAS for the values? Without this values the exit seems to be not the right way because a select isn't possible.

• Is EXIT_SAPLUPC_SERVICES_002 maybe the only way to get the values in IS_CHAS? So, that would be another point for the question of Andreas Krueger.

Thank you!

Carsten

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

you don't have to use this exit. You can and should use a char.relationship of type exit and provide a function module for the derivation (in which you read the ODS).

Here's the interface. As you can see, you get the complete record as a changing parameter. Whatever fields you define as source will be filled by BPS, whatever fields you define as target you have to derive in your function.

CALL FUNCTION is_stepo-fb_derive
    EXPORTING
      i_area     = i_area
      ito_cha    = ito_cha
      ito_source = is_stepo-to_source
      ito_target = is_stepo-to_target
    CHANGING
      xs_chas    = xs_chas
    EXCEPTIONS
      failed     = 1
      OTHERS     = 2.

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

PS: Please open a new thread the next time since this is a new question.

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

I saw your comment to my weblog.

I haven't worked with BPS, so I'm not able to see the connection between this thread and my weblog. Any way you can try to generalize the question (if possible), so I can be of help here?

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

thank you for your quick response. Very helpfull. My fault was: I defined XS_CHAS as exporting instead of a changing parameter. Now everything works as expected.

I added it to this threat because I saw a connection the initial question: Differences between the exit in the characteristic releation. an the exit EXIT_SAPLUPC_SERVICES_002. After your answer and fixing my fault we are back at your first answer in this threat... 🐵

Regards,

Carsten