cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IM Scenario using 2lis_03_bx

Former Member
0 Kudos

A white paper says 2lis_03_bf to be activated after succesful stock initialisation through 2lis_03_bx. But unless I activate 2lis_03_bx, setup table will not get filled up. But where do I activate 2lis_03_bx.

I am on 4.6c (pi 2002_2) and bw 3.0b (basis pi 2002_2)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PB,

There is some sort of mistake in your statements.

Here are the correct steps in doing the INIT:

1.) Activate 2LIS_03_BF and 2LIS_03_BX from Business Content

2.) Run tcode MCNB in R/3 to begin SETUP of Initial Stock balance.

3.) Run extraction of 2LIS_03_BX and after which you should compress it without a marker update.

4.) Now you can run setup of OLI1BW in R/3 after which you must run 2LIS_03_BF extraction.

5.) Compress it With NO MARKER UPDATE.

There is a "how to handle inventory scenario" paper on this.

I hope I have helped...

--Jkyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jkyle,

Let me know if I understood it correctly.

After filling in Setup table for 2LIS_03_BX i.e. MC03BF0.

1. I will load the data from this datasource in the Infocube 0IC_C03( ofcourse after creating Xfer rules) using Full update.

2. Compress the data with 'No Marker Update' in the cube 0IC_C03.

3.Run a setup for 2LIS_03_BF.( Using OLI1BW).

4. Load the data using this Datasource to 0IC_C03 using 'Initialize Delta Process'.

5. Compress the data with 'No Marker Update' in the cube 0IC_C03.

6.Load the data using 2LIS_03_UM to 0IC_C03 using 'Initialize Delta Process'.

7. Start loading deltas for 2LIS_03_BF and 2LIS_03_UM.

Correct me if I am wrong or missed out on any steps.

Regards,

PB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All steps are ok except for Steps 2 and 5.

Step 2: <i>Compress the data with 'No Marker Update' in the cube 0IC_C03</i>

Should be rephraised as <i>Compress the data with 'No Marker Update' Check Box <b>UNCHECKED/UNTICKED</b> in the cube 0IC_C03</i>

Step 5: <i>Compress the data with 'No Marker Update' in the cube 0IC_C03</i>

Should be rephraised as <i>Compress the data with 'No Marker Update' Check Box <b>CHECKED/TICKED</b> in the cube 0IC_C03</i>

This two are important. If you missed them or done it incorrectly, you are in serious trouble...

Hope now its clear...

--Jkyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jkyle,

Yup with No marker update unchecked. Apart from it everything else is ok right?

Document also says u need to block the posting during initial load from BX and BF.

if this is not done whats a impact.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PB,

Thanks for the points. It urges people to help...

Anyway, We have a technique to reduce SAP Downtime to only a couple of minutes...There is a PDF document titled "How to Minimize Downtime during DELTA Initialization". Check

www.Help.SAP.COM for it.

It helped us a lot since we only requested a few minutes (less than 30 minutes) of SAP downtime and it has minimal impact on the users.

It is very long to explain here in the forum but just search it and it will help you...

Do I get 10 points then?

Good Luck!

--Jkyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PB,

If you cant find the document, just give me your email and i'll be happy to share it with you...

Good Luck.

--Jkyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

i already have adocument with me thanks a ton. I however have one doubt. Do we we have to do any specific setting in the datasources. As everythign document says is about care to be taken while doing initial data load. Everytghing else seem to be like normal LO extractors. BTW have u used these datasources yourself?

Former Member
0 Kudos

PB,

just follow the document and everything should be okay - we implemented it exactly how the document described it and it worked.

just don't forget to compress with and without marker updates for the correct requests, and don't mix BX and BF loading - BX should load before BF.

ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ran,

A small query again.

How about Datasource 2LIS_03_UM? Dont we need to follow the same steps for UM as well? BTW Do we need to carry out all these steps of Dataloading directly inProduction?

Thanks

PB

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi PB,

there is a separate setup program you should use for 2LIS_03_UM - program RMCBNERP (via tcode SE38).

and no, since you have the "minimize delta" document, you should be able to perform what you need to do using a mirror copy of your source system.

ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ryan ,

Thanks for the clarifying the query. I however couldn't get your second answer Can u please elaborate on it?

PB

Former Member
0 Kudos

PB,

okay, well, yes, you do have to run it in production, and when you run that, no users should be in the system. and since that downtime can take anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days, look for a document on SDN entitled "How to Minimize Downtime for Delta Initalization", which should help you prevent the potential problem.

ryan.

ps. don't forget to spread some points around. 😃

Message was edited by: Ryan Kristoffer Tan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jkyle and Ryan,

Thanks for extending ur help in setting up IM Datasources. I have jotted down the steps with valuable inputs from you both and paper 'How to Hanlde IM scenarios'

Please find the steps below. Kindly review them and let me know in case I have got anything wrong or missed out on anything.

1. Transfer Business Content Datasources 2LIS_03_BX , 2LIS_03_BF, AND 2LIS_03_UM in RSA5.

2. Go to Transaction LBWE, Activate Datasources 2LIS_03_BF, AND 2LIS_03_UM.

3. Go to Transaction MCB_ select SAP BW usage 'Standard' Radio button.

4. Save it.

5. Go to Transaction MCNB, enter name of run ‘Stock_init’. Enter Termination date in future. Enter Datasource as 2LIS_03_BX.

6. Execute the initialisation.

7. Entries can be found in SETUP Table MC03BFSETUP & MC03BFSETUP.

8. Run SETUP for 2LIS_03_BF, AND 2LIS_03_UM using TCodes OLI1BW and OLIZBW respectively.

9. Run the extraction for 2LIS_03_BX in BW.

10. Compress the request with ‘No Marker Update’ NOT SET i.e. unticked or unchecked.

11. Run the extraction for 2LIS_03_BF in BW.

12. Compress the request with ‘No Marker Update’ SET i.e. ticked or checked.

13. Run the extraction for 2LIS_03_UM in BW.

14. Compress the request with ‘No Marker Update’ SET i.e. ticked or checked.

Steps 1 and 2 shall be executed in Development and transported to production and step 3 onward should be carried out in Production itself with Posting Block.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

PB

Former Member
0 Kudos

PB,

that sounds right... but only if you're loading historical BF and UM. the rest of the loading should have that unticked, since you want the marker to update forward.

ryan.

former_member463021
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im trying to load data in 0ic_co3 infocube; i've actived 2lis_03_bx, 2lis_03_bf and 2lis_03_um datasources.

Whe i execute MCNB transaction with 2lis_03_bx I get the message "21207 stock data records were select for bw extraction" but the table MC03BX0SETUP hasnt any entries, so when i execute the initialization in BW, 0 records are loaded.

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

p b,

BX setup table is filled via tcode MCNB (in R/3). you load that into a cube and activate that before loading BF (this is for inventory).

ryan.