cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Planning in MRS or CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working in a utilities company, and we have a big project concerning changing 500 meters every month.

For every meter that we shall change we make a service order in IS-U, that for the moment isn’t replicated to CRM.

We would like to do some resource planning for our service technicians that drive out and change these meters.

My question is if this resource planning should be done in CRM together with WFM core or via the IS-U AddOn MRS190 Multiple Resource-Scheduling.

What is the best way to do this resource planning?

In the future we will create the service orders in CRM instead of directly in IS-U. That’s why I think that perhaps we should do the resource planning in CRM via WFM instead of via MRS.

But is it possible to do the resource planning for the entire 500 service jobs at one time instead of each individually?

Kind Regards

Michael Wolff Knudsen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Project is closed down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have to work on the below requirement , for that we need to enhanced the below functionality for the MRS worklist

1. Transfer the order operation system + user status from SAP to MRS

2. Add the additional custom fields viz. for location, appointments and street works etc. to MRS worklist and update them from SAP

3. Highlight the worklist items with different colors for the following conditions:

a. Items with high priority

b. Items not with high priority but with an appointment

4. Identify work list items with street works (future requirement for TMA)

Could any tell me how we can do it above functionality. what are the required Inputs we need to fulfill the requirement

Thanks ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

If you can clarify on your question about Service Arrangement, I can help.

To give you a quick overview

For resources to Exists in WFM, since WFM 2.0, it is a prerequisite to have Service Arrangements for employees.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could somebody tell me, if the WFM Core in CRM 2007 must be installed addionally or is it Standard.

The Background of my question was, that I have tried to define time allocation types, but it was not possible,

I hope somebody can give me a reference.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Önder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are there any differences in planning with WFM or with MRS? What kind of hardware is required for the solutions? Which licences do you have to buy?

Feel free to e-mail me some information.

Regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

How do you carry out PRT scheduling through MRS? I have assigned PRT (material/ equipment) & they come on planning board but how to schdule it so that it goes with the demand(gets reserved with demand?)?

Regards,

Rajiv

former_member69765
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello... Yes its toooo late ... but still in case you are still looking for information about MRS. I can let you know many more things about it.

PS : I am a MRS developer and consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please email the MRS document to: sap2004@gmail.com.

Reward points are on the way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varum,

Do you have any white papers or the like? If so you can mail me at dongtest@gmail.com

former_member69765
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Leon,

MRS is yet to come in Market place so I can not really share any documents at this stage.

Till now MRS has only been developed specifically for selected customers.

Hence I can not share any document at this moment. Hope you will understand

However, I have started a new thread where MRS can be discussed in detail.

The link to the thread is :

I have started with a brief introduction. Please feel free to post your questions and I would try to answer them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I please get your help? How come when I used the multi org. unit transcation, the resource names is not showing up on the planning board..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I have configured the MRS in to the CRM box. But the demands from CRM service order is not coming to MRS /n/mrss/plbosrv or /n/MRSS/PLBOORG. But when I am working in ECC MRS with PS networks demands are reflecting and I am able to assign resources to the n/w order.

Please help me by giving your valuable feedback.

Thanks & Regards,

Sukhveer Singh.

sukhveer4u@rediffmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesn't anyone know something about Resource planning or MRS?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

If you drop me an email (tszecsy@geometria.hu), I can send you an MRS overview in PPT format.

Regards,

Tamás Szécsy

Message was edited by:

Tamás Szécsy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tamás,

I have some Questions, at first: I have a problem with the Service Arrangements… I want to save my definitions and he doesn’t do it, can you tell me what the problem is ?

As Information for you, I am a Student and write my Diploma.

Best regards

Önder