cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapscript form to smartstyle migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd like to migrate sapscript to smartform. This is the request from customer.

I know that I can migrate sapscript style to smartstyle, but I`m newbie in sapscript and don't know how to find out which sapscript style is assigned to my sapscript.

It seems like sapscript has no sapscrit style, there is only buttons Paragraph formats and Character Formats, so i think that formats of sapscript is hardcoded defined directly in sapscript.

So I'd like to create smartstyle from sapscript form (not sapscript style).

Or maybe there is a connection between my sapscript and a sapscript style, but I wasn't able to find out.

Has anybody an idea?

Best regards,

Josef Motl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

u can use this fm 'FB_MIGRATE_FORM'.

all the necessary windows will get formed .

all that u need to do is write the necessary code

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>SAP provides a conversion for SAPscript documents to SMARTforms.</b>

This is basically a function module, called FB_MIGRATE_FORM. You can start this function module by hand (via SE37), or create a small ABAP which migrates all SAPscript forms automatically.

You can also do this one-by-one in transaction SMARTFORMS, under

Utilities -> Migrate SAPscript form.

You could also write a small batch program calling transaction SMARTFORMS and running the migration tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan and Judith,

please read my question again and carefully..

Best regards,

Josef Motl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Josef,

I know exactly what you are attempting and I have the same problem. None of the customer's SAPscript forms (there are a lot!) have SAPscript styles and instead have paragraph and character formats embedded in them. I have not found a way to directly convert these SAPscript forms to SmartForms with SmartStyles either. I have so far migrated paragraph and character formats from the SAPscript forms to styles, then used those styles to migrate to SmartStyles, but there must be an easier way. I will definitely message if I find one, but currently, I am in the same position as you...

Regards,

Geoff

0 Kudos

Geoff ,

I am facing the same issue . You mentioned that :

I have so far migrated paragraph and character formats from the SAPscript forms to styles

If you can help in obtaining the same (migrating format from SAPscript form to SAPscript style).

Regards

Harpreet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9d/9599386185c064e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Converting a SAPscript style

Go to the Smart Styles inital screen (transaction SMARTSTYLES ).

In the Style name field enter the name of the Smart Style you want to create.

Choose Smart Styles ® Convert SAPscript style.

Enter the name of the SAPscript style you want to convert.

Choose Enter.

A list of the converted styles appears.

Choose Back. You can now change the Smart Style (Change).To activate the Smart Style choose Activate

kishan negi