cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMD for Buttons in BEx (wanting to execute RRI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if I can execute other CMD's other than those available from the drop down in the button wizard!?

I am wanting to have a button that essentially calls the same as the GOTO>R/3 Transaction from the context menu. I can do this in the web application but not sure if I am missing something in the BEx.

Is it CMD=RRI ???

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allie,

Analyzer 7.0 was developed on the same .net runtime as 3.5 the WAD. Therefore you can find that some of the commands that are used in 3.5 are available in Analyzer. RRI seems to be one of those that is recognised but doesn't really work this now (I'm using FEP1100 / SP11). I have pointed the button to the command range that contains the following:

DATA_PROVIDER 1 DATA_PROVIDER_1

CMD 1 RRI

RRI_RECEIVER 1 Query name you have set-up in RSBBS

but I either just get a message 'jump cannot be executed' or a dump for my trouble.

I would suggest you either:

1. Set-up as above and raise an OSS, because whatever else happens you should not get a crash or

2. Use the std functioanlity and set-up via RSBBS and use the context menu which works fine

3. use the following workaround to have the query fill an empty DP that you can place in the workbook

- create 'empty' dataprovider (e.g. DATA_PROVIDER_2)

- use following code to reset DATA_PROVIDER_2

DATA_PROVIDER 1 DATA_PROVIDER_2

CMD 1 RESET_DATA_PROVIDER

RQV 1

PROFF 1

INFOCUBE 1 Infocube technical name

QUERY 1 Query technical name

You could have the last part of the statement in the worksheet with the command range of the button pointing at it, so the user could choose which query filled the DATA_PROVIDER_2. Also, you could start getting really fancy - e.g. if it has variables to fill then you could add VARIABLE_SCREEN 1 'X' to pop-up the variable screen.

Hope that helps,

Rgds, Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith,

Thank you for your great response! I am aware that what we can do in the WAD is very flexible, however I am wanting to do this in the BEX Excel Based design mode! Here, it is unclear if this can be done!

Do you have any tips for this tool?

Cheers

Allie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bump!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes you can use a bstandard web item: 'button group'.

Under Comand you choose RRI. But you have to custom your jump by teh transaction RSBBS