cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap addon (BTHF) on Windows 7 64bit not working when SAP not started using 'run as administrator'

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently reinstalled my computer with Windows 7 Pro 64bit (previously Windows Vista Business 32bit). I started the installation of the client out of the B1Share folder (using 'run as administrator') and the software installed without a problem. The first time I ran SBO client I also used 'run as administrator' which in turn triggered the installation of a addon called BTHF. The installation went well and it logged the system messages that the addon was connection. I could then start using SAPBO.

Next day I started the SAPBOclient I didn't use 'run as administrator' but just doubleclicked the shortcut and to my surprise the system message 'addon connected succesfully' was logged but before my interface became responsive (always takes a few secs after addon is actived) I got a message that the addon could not be connected.

After trying several things like reinstalling, removing SAPBO addonsinstall.sbo and AddOnsLocalRegistraion and reinstalling the BTHF addon I didn't manage to get it working. There are several items I've noticed:

- I've installed another computer with a fresh copy of Windows 7 Pro 64bit and SAPBO client does connect addon withouth problems, even when run without 'run as administrator'. This makes me believe it isn't a server issue

- When using 'run as administrator' the addon is connected without problems

- After removing SAPBO plugin and then starting SAPBO without 'run as administrator', the addon connection is not started. I need to use 'run as administrator' to trigger connecting or installation of the plugin

So in the end I now have 2 workstations with windows 7 pro 64bit who need to use 'run as administrator' when starting SAPBO client because the plugin won't connect otherwise and I have 1 windows 7 pro 64bit that runs SAPBO client with plugin fine without using 'run as administrator'

any ideas??

Background info:

SapBO client is installed in c:\program files(x86)\SAP
UAC is enabled (company policy, it's no option to disable it)
C:\Users\vanlier.INTRANET\Local Settings\Application Data\SAP\SAP Business One\Log\Addon\Addon_BTHF_01.txt contains the following lines:

13-3-2012 09:59:39.536 Error : GetDICompanyFromUI() meets error.System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xFFFFFF7D): Interne fout (-131) opgetreden  [131-183] -
   bij SAPbouiCOM.CompanyClass.GetDICompany()
   bij SAPB1.Addon.UI.SboAppWrapper.GetDICompanyFromUI(Boolean multiAddonMode)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some more background info:

My installation has 2 addons config files in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One:

AddOnsInstall.sbo
AddOnsLocalRegistration.sbo

The system that DOES work without 'run as administrator' does not have these files, but the addon is connection just fine?? When I delete mine, and not using 'run as administrator' the plugin connection is not triggered. When using 'run as administrator' the plugin is reinstalled and the files above are recreated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixed it using SAP Note 1478975:

When the non-administrator is logged on, the system will automatically point towards the 'panthom' files, instead of to the real ones that
were created for the administrator.

To correct this:

1- Log in the machine as the user affected.

2- Browse where the Business One application is installed:

For example:
C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One

3- On the tool bar of the browser press the button 'Compatibility Files' to have visible the contents of the virtual folder

4- Locate and delete the panthom files:
AddOnsInstall.sbo
AddOnsLocalRegistration.sbo

Add-ons will be now available for the user affected.

---

I removed both the files in the program files (x86) folder and the compatibility files, rebooted and started SAP without 'run as administrator' and then the addon was installed. I did have to edit the compatibilityfile b1-local-machine.xml because licenseserver was set to localhost:33000 instead of <ourserver>:33000

Answers (0)