cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why? Windows Security Login when accessing Documents in KM

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I am new to portals.  I just set up a "Executive" directory folder for users to access some excel documents.  On their role they have access to their "Personal Documents" and their "Executive" Documents.  They are able to access the documents in thei "Personal Documents" folder just fine.  But, when they try to access their documents in the "Executive" Folder they get a windows security Log in dialog even though they are already logged into the portal.

The "Executive" Folder resides under the default "Documents" folder in KM.

Can anyone tell me if this might be a windows/excel/explorer issue or some kind of portal single signon issue or something else?
I found OSS Note Note 549610 - Authentication window appears when opening/closing documents , but it doensn't seem relevent for my
Office 2010 Excel Documents?  And I don't think any kind of anonymous login would fly as these users are not anonymous. 
I did find out that they do not have to log in if they select "Edit Locally", but that is another step and shouldn't have to do it if they only want to view the file.

I don't think the users should have to login again to access a file if they are already logged into the Portal.

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kenneth,

same problem here. So I'll hang in here and post if I find a solution. Only MS Office documents seem to be effected. If I open a PDF through the link no login screen appears. Are you using any kind of proxy to access the portal?

SAP Note 1628343 "Authentication popup appears when accessing MS Office 2010 docs in KM" seems promising. Let me know if this did the trick.

Kind regards,

Robert

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The note you passed on did the trick!  Thanks a lot for doing that!

OSS Note 1628343 - Authentication popup appears when accessing MS Office 2010 docs in KM.

Answers (0)