cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mdm system connection from EP problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we want to create a connection to MDM Server from EP. We created system and alias,but we are facing problems when we test the connection:

In the "Quick system connection test",Result: "Could not find connector factory value:MDM Factory"

In the "System Connection Test", Result:"Default alias retrieved successfully,connection failed.Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct".

any idea to trace or solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

barry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wenbo,

Correct me if, my understanding is wrong: you are getting this error, after pressing Test button, to test the configured MDM and EP connection.

If this is the same problem, which I have experienced, earlier then this the just a message, which displays on the screen, once you click Test button. In reality, connection has established between MDM and EP.

To test your connection, create any custom view or configure any standard MDM IView (like ResultSet) of any repository and try to run it. You should be able to run it and all the information should be available on the portal from MDM.

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

now the system give the fllowing message when we trying to connect ep to mdm repository ,the detail is showing in the picture:

"while trying to invoke the method  com.sap.mdm.session.NetWeaverMdmDestinationProperties.getServerName() of an

object loaded from local variable  'destination' "

the configure like this:

But when we trying to connect ep to mdm with destination configuration,it's ok, the link in ep is http://localhost:50000/mdm/destinations,   the state is showing in this picture.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

show your detail configuration of the mdm system.

why you put DEMO as user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,i added the detail of the configuration to it, thanks for your help.

and the demo user name is my fault, the user name is admin in fact.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
make sure you have deployed the correct java content for mdm
0 Kudos

It would appear that you got this resolved, but I'm unclear on how you did it...

Specifically referencing the:

"while trying to invoke the method com.sap.mdm.session.NetWeaverMdmDestinationProperties.getserverName() of an object loaded from local variable 'destination'

Can you clarify please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I have absolutly same problem, have you solved this problem? "while trying to invoke the method com.sap.mdm.session.NetWeaverMdmDestinationProperties.getserverName() of an object loaded from local variable 'destination'

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
what's version of your java server and mdm?
make sure all mdm related java stuff is deployed.
Former Member
0 Kudos

we are checking the java stuff now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Make sure you have the single sign on done on the EP system, or create a admin user in MDM and use the same in EP while making connections.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed your idea to create a MDM user the same to EP user, but the problem is the same.

And we are now trying to deploy the java environment again. we'll see the result in the afternoon.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The MDM Version and the corresponding JAVA version must be same.

you may check the same in the Product Availability Matrix, which is available on service market place.

Regards,
Abhishek