cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestones confirmation for maintenance orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm both using manual confirmations for production orders and maintenance orders.

For production manual confirmation, it is not possible to confirm operation 0020 before operation 0010. If I'm right, this comes from control key, which has a "milestone confirmation".

For maintenance order, I'm abble to manually confirm in any order, means 0020 before 0010. But I would like to change that and be obliged to follow the steps.

I changed control key, without success. Indeed, I noticed the "(not PS/PM)" mention for "milestone confirmation".

Can you explain me the reason why? Is there any chance to get that result with a different way?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anybody could confirm if operation sequence with error is not possible in PM/CS order? Otherwise could you tell me how to set up this functionnality (and what I missed, please see answers before)?

Thanks,

Regards,

Olivia

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Olivia,

I don't think operation sequence check is available in standard SAP for plant maintenance orders (order type 30)

Please look at the thread below: He got a reply from SAP OSS support team.

http://scn.sap.com/message/8869258#8869258

Also look at this note mentioned below, if you maintain any value other than activity sequence not to be checked, you may even get an error.

Note: 401243

By the way, for sequence checked for operations in PP, you have to maintain in OPK4. Another thing to note is if you have more that one milestone operation for a particular order, you need to confirm the earlier mile stone operation before you can confirm the later one.

For example

0010 : normal operation

0020 : mile stone

0030 : normal operation

0040: mile stone

you cannot confirm 0040 prior to 0020. In other words a miles stone operation cannot confirm previous milestone operation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeevan,

Thank you very much for your detailed answer.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had posted this question in PP area. But this is more a PM/CS subject.

Does any PM/CS expert can tell me if operation sequence check is possible or not in PM/CS order?

Thank you in advance.

Olivia

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Olivia,

The operation sequence check is not possible for PM/CS orders. I believe it would require a custom development to provide this functionality. Hope this clarifies your question.

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your confirmation.

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As mentioned by Anupam, Go to OPK4, select your Plant & Order Type-SM01 and

In Tab-Generally valid settings; goto CHECKS --> Operation Sequence --> Select "Error when operation sequence is not adhered to".

This should work.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is exactly what I did after Anupam' answer.

But this does not work.

Are you sure it is possible with PM/CS order?

Regards,

O

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In OPK4 for your maintenance order type and plant combination select under checks> operation sequence>error when operation sequence is not adhered to.

Regards

Anupam Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharma,

Thanks for your reply.

But I changed as mentionned, and I'm still able to confirm operation 0020 before 0010...

Order type is SM01.

Have you got any idea about what could be missed or what is the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check after removing the milestone control key from each operation which you have maintained in task list.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anupam,

I've already tested with removing the milestone control key from each operation and unfortunatelly this still does not work.

Any other idea?

Thank you in advance for your help.

O