Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

negative depreciation in fixed asset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am new to this add-on and I need to migrate the asset from MyOB to SAP B1

I found a negative amount in Ordinary Depr.

I use all the default tape, area and classe

will the posting period affect it?

Master:

The Capitalization Date =12.03.09

Book depreciation

acquistion:

posting date=document date=15.03.12

Please show me what is the wrong setting I have made.

**The  attachments, in jpeg format,  were fail be attached and popped "The content type of this attachment is not allowed."

Tanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can add those screen dump at the begining of the post. As a result I add here by reply.

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the LINP calculation method ? is it net book value / remaining life or not ? is there percentage ?

The ordinary depreciation is negative because the life parameter is probably negative after the acquisition.

The life parameters are Depr. Start Date, Useful Life and Remaining Life.

JimM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JimM

I guess it is due to the single period in a year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I create a new 12 month posting period 01/07/2009-30/06/2010 for the test purpose.

And I create a new asset master and a acquisition and posting in new posting period.

the test2 asset and has postive depreciation, however, I can't continous depreciate in next year. Where is the wrong setting? Thx

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

In 2009-2010, the ordinary depreciation (ODP) is correct. The formula is Acquisition value / Remaining life * 12.

In new year, the asset seems not roll over or roll forward yet. That's make the ordinary depreciation can't be continued.

Have you performed the fixed asset year end closing ?

JimM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JimM

No! I havn't. How to do it? it is appreciate if you can show me the direction

Thanks

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks JimM

After I fiscal year change, it bring the depreciation to next year. Note that it is only one ($333) depreciated ( i guess it is due to single period for 2010).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Do you mean the year 2010 setup as only one period? How about some other years?

Thanks, Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon

Yes! It is what I mean. 12 period in 2009-2010 , 1 period in 2010-2011 and 1 period in 2011-2012.

thx

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case, FA has no way to give you correct result. Periods setup must be consistent.

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's correct. The depreciation will be brought to the next period.

The ordinary depreciation is calculated based on the formula : NBV / remaining life * a number of months in the one fiscal year.

I have explained that in 2009-2010, the ordinary depreciation is positive and its value based on the the formula I mentioned above.

Negative ordinary depreciation is affected by net book value, remaining life and the fixed asset fiscal year (fixed asset periods).

Rgds,

JimM