cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bypassing the details screen when selecting an element from a list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, does anyone know how to select a list element so that it transfers its data to a specified screen?

I currently have the results from my first operation being stored in a list and then when you click on a list element it goes to the default details screen as specified in the "Listview Details Screen" selection. From the details screen I open another screen which invokes an operation that uses the data from the details screen.

What I'd like to do is bypass the details screen and go directly from the first operation's screen to the second operation's screen. Is this possible? and how would it be done?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem, my temporary solution is invoke the Online Request in the Custom.js method customBeforeShowScreen of the detail screen, but there should another cleaner solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This works quite well. I had to make sure I handled navigating back and had to have it return false for it not to show the bypassed screen at all. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I found  an error with this solution. Say I have 4 screens and am bypassing screen3. When I navigate "screen1 -> screen2 -> screen4" and then try going back "screen4 -> screen2 -> screen1" what I actually get is "screen4 -> screen2 -> screen4". Can anyone think of a way around this problem?

Answers (0)