cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day off is not counted as absence day or leave day ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

Client want off day should be counted as absence day or leave day for some absences. I have checked all the days, holidays class,day type,work schedule, daily work schedule class in counting rule but still its not counting day off as leave day or absence day . Please guide me what configuration required to resolve this issue.

Regards

Yogi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Yogi.

Could you share your configuration in at the view T554S (withouth V_). Check if the counting rule you have something like this:

Also, check your grouping configuration. Just check if you're changing all the counting rules for your PSA grouping.

Regards,

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yogi , if you have got correct answer, please reply and reward to the correction answer..

Regards

Priya

SKM1
Explorer
0 Kudos

@Yogi,

Absence valuation is a different subject on its own and i would not want to get into a discussion here. But you can do wonders with absence valuation where i can choose to count my absences differently from the way it is counted in infotype 2001 and i can also choose the units that i want to count that absence whether in hours, absence days, payroll days, calendar days.

Unlike sap country payroll which has a statutory laws built in for each country , sap time management needs to be configured and this could differ from country to country based on labour laws. I could treat 22 working days = 1 month salary or 30/31 working days = I months salary which includes weekends and i could consider my weekends as work/paid or off/paid  or else, hence my work schedules would differ. So here when i prorate i would look differently.

The reason why many hr users want absence days to include weekends because in our time reports they do not want to look at different coloumns( like absence days, calendar days or payroll days) for absences which include and do not include weekends and try and figure things out .

Sap standard says if you have a non working day in the daily work schedule rule select the check box planned working hours =0 but when you do this your objective would not be met. In this case you would have to train your time users on time calculations in reports. However, it is recommended that you preferably stick to standards when sap recommends it unless you have a strong statutory compulsion as a driver for change.

S. Mandgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yogi,

in counting Rule Table V_T556C select all the weekdays and then in table V_T554C table select Day Rule as xx- all days, here you might have used only work days.

please do the changes in table V_T554C - Day Rule Field, your issue will be solved.

Regards,

mohammed

SKM1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yogi,

Check the following customization in the implementation guide (spro):-

1. Define Absence  Types : Unit for calculating absence days : ( A, K etc). You may choose K when you want to include the Calender days and not just the absence/attendance days

2. Define Counting Rules : Check if you have selected weekends etc

You need to check your absences customization starting from defining absences to assigning counting rules to absence types

Regards,

S. Mandgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

thanks for your response. I allready selected unit as a calender days for absences & checked weekends also . I think problem can be resloved by either counting rule and by unit calender days . Please find below image. I want also absence days 14 as per screen shot because client is counting day off or national public holiday is leave day for empoloyee

Can we have also required to config rule type for day off daily workschedule ??

Regards

Yogi

SKM1
Explorer
0 Kudos
SKM1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my earlier post i have shown you a snap shot of how you need to customize the off day. If you select planned hrs =0 , your requirement would not be achieved. If you customize as shown and select DWS class =0 and use that in your absence counting rule your objective is acheived. Refer screen shot below :-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your prompt response . I did the same configuration but still its not working . Please find below screen shot of counting rule , day off configuration and absence type . Just let me know if i need to change in config

SKM1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yogi,

Please correct your day type selection rule

Definition Rules for Day Types View:   T553A

Rule D.ty.wkdy. D.typ.Sat. D.typ.Sun.

Rule XX b111111111  b111111111  b111111111 where b stands for blank space.

Once you correct your day type selection rule , then you need to regenerate your work schedules.

Regards,

S. Mandgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your answer . This solution is working on off day or weekends but its not working on public holiday. If we have any public holidays in a week that time its count absence. As per our requirement public holiday and off day should be count as a leave day. Please find below screen shot for your refrence. I allready checked public holidays class in counting rule.

Regards

Yogi

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yogi ....

For Holidays to be counted as absence , u can take holiday class 3-9 , the customer specific holiday class..

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All else , while generating holiday calender , PT01, u can manually maintain maintain DAY TYPE as 2 instead of 1.. As day type 2 is off /unpaid.. means it wud b as absence only..

Hope this helps... u can try n check..

Correction appreciated.

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogi,

As per your screen shots, I understood system is doing correctly and your configuration also correct as well. There are two concepts you should understand on creating absences.

1. When an absence linked with an absence quota and if you would setup counting rule to count off-day/public holiday as absence, you will find in IT2001 "calendar days" are equal to "quota deduction days" .

2. When an absence is not linked with absence quota then you will find "calendar days" are equal to "Payroll days", these absences are counted in Absence valuation based on payroll days to pay or deduct payment based on paid/unpaid absences. You will never match absence days and calendar days in IT2001, since off-days are configured as "0" hours.

Hope this clarifies you. Please let us know If you have different business scenario other than i had specified above.

Whiteraystech                                                                                                                        (SAP Support On Cloud)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Thanks for your answer... if we do day type 2 then it will crate problem for in counting annual Annual absences. We want 2 type of solution . One is absence day where public holiday and off day is count as absence ..for example annual leave  if we take leave on leave on friday to monday , system need only show 2 absences and calender days it will show 4 days.

There is another type of leave also for example sick leave :- where employee take leaves of 20 calender days , system need to show all 20 days absence days and calender days.

Regards

Yogesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

If we take holiday class 3 than also we need to mark as a day off in day types for those where we required to be count as absence days.

once i got the correct answer  definately i will share reward marks

Regards

Yogi

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi yogi,

As per ur requirement... ( if i am not getting you wrong)

1) One is absence day where public holiday and off day is count as absence ..

so u can take DAY type 2 for the particular holiday n day off, we want to be counted as Absence. (what i got to know from ur words above)

again u r saying that  "if we take leave on leave on friday to monday , system need only show 2 absences and calender days it will show 4 days." For this u need to take that absence to counted as only absence days... so in table V_T554S, u need to take 'A' in field 'unit'

2)example sick leave :- where employee take leaves of 20 calender days , system need to show all 20 days absence days and calender days.

For this, if sick leave days should be counted as per calender days, then specifically for SICK leave , in table V_T554S. u need to take 'k' or blank in the filed 'Unit'

Hope now it wud be clear to u... let me know if it doesn't meet ur requirement.

Dnot forget to reward if my link is helpful for u.

Regards

Priya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u r taking day type as 2 for every holiday, then u do't need to take holiday class 3 for holidays.....

one more things , if absence type is calucated on the basis of calender days, then if holidays or weef offs fall in between. by default, holidays n off will be considered as absence days.

Correction appreciated

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas Mandgi,

My requirement is to update the weekends as absence days which lies between unpaid leave start date and end date.

So i tried the solution provided by you in this thread and now system is considering even weekends as absence days that is calender days = absence days.

But now system is considering even weekends as absence days  for other leave types also and i do not want that so i tried with counting rule to differenciate unpaid leave with other leaves with DWS class but it is not working.

Please suggest any solution for this.

Regards,

Rajeshwari