As a SAP SD Functional consultant what are the roles and responsibilities need to perform in SAP SD Upgrade Project from R/3 4.6C to SAP ECC6.0 ?
How to identify what are the major differences between R/3 4.6C to SAP ECC6.0 ?
Please provide your valuable suggestions / inputs on the same.
Please check this below link.
This may help you.
Roles & responsibilities of a Functional Consultant(FC) are:
1. Gap Analysis: This can be defined as a work of comparison of what is currently implemented in existing SAP release(4.6C) & what are the new functionality is included in newer release of SAP (ECC 6.0). This should be well documented. For example:- the new release can avoid many local developed programs, or might include additional BAPIs, so that some interfaces can be replaced.
How to do this? -
A. Checking & Analyzing the release notes for each component the new version.
B. Install IDES system with ECC 6.0. IDES can be used for project team training, and even some short-scale testing of new functionality.
2. Impact Analysis: FC are in charge of analyzing the impact of possible business changes, developing or modifying ABAP programs, reports,transactions & interfaces with the help of ABAP consultants.
3. Integration & Regression Testing: If any testing team is not present then functional consultants have to perform this testing, if the goal of the upgrade does not involve any functional gain from new release.
4. Training & Documentation: Often, FC is also responsible for creating end user training materials & documentation.
Last but not the Least
5. Functional Support: FC to provide functional support during Go-Live and later.
Also please go through the above links......
I hope this helps..