cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Release Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

During modification of release strategy in development server, I have deleted some release strategy and transported to production server.

Issue : when i am checking transaction CL24N in production system all deleted strategy showing, And system not allowing me to delete it. I am getting error "Object not found"

"Please refer attached file for screen shot"

How to delete all this deleted entries from production system.

Thanks in Advance.

Ashish Panchal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I also came across the similar issue few days back and after long working i have done that. So you can follow the same.

1. Re-assign the deleted assignment of Release group - Release code & Release strategi in spro .

2. Move the request to PRD.

3. In PRD assign the clasification if not appearing.

4. delete the Release stragegy in CL24N in PRD.

5. again delete all the assignment in Dev and move the req. to PRD.

rgds,

ranjan kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ranjan,

Issue Resoved,

Ashish Panchal

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

First you should de-assign the char. and then delete the release strategy/ class assignment from class in PRD. After that you transport the deleted release strategy then it will not show that things.

Regards,

S K Pankaj

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two questions:

Q1. You are modifying release strategy means what your modifying? Are you modifying only release values in the existing release strategies?

Q2. Deleting release strategies means your deleting existing release strategies and creating new release strategies?

If 1st question is right, then old values of release strategies will be there with existing release strategies In Production Server and you need remove old values and add NEW RELEASE VALUES manually in t.code: CL20N to the existing old release strategies with release class with release group.

If 2nd question is right, no doubt on presentation of old release strategies, only you have new release stratergy, then you need to add new release value manually to the new release strategies in t.code: CL20N with your release class, release group with new release strategies in production server

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using approximately 700 release strategy. I have changed value in most release strategy as given

1) Release code

2) Purchasing Group

3) Value of release strategy.

Now which release strategy not required, I have deleted from SPRO. After transported to SP6 all deleted strategy not showing in any table expect CL24N.

Since we are using workflow for release purchase order, It will effecting our workflow. So now i want to delete this entries from CL24N, And it not in any table i am getting error "Object not found"

I got the idea that you must use CL24N while deleting release strategy and not SPRO path.

Please help me to delete these entries from CL24N

Thanks.

Ashish Panchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Please follow the below steps EXACTLY to delete a release stategy comple
tly.

1. Delete all release objects in OMGQ first,
   You have to do this "from bottom to the top". ( WORKFLOW -
   RELEASESTRATEGIES - RELEASEINDICATOR - RELEASECODE - RELEASEGROUP ).

2. Delete all relevant characteristics first, then delete the
   relevant class.

For further referance, if you ever want to recreate the stategy again
please follow these exact steps:

1. Re-create characteristics and class again.

2. Re-create the relevant objects again in OMGS,
   You have to do this "up -> down". (RELEASEGROUP - RELEASECODE -
   RELEASEINDICATOR - RELEASESTRATEGIES - WORKFLOW ).

I.E. You do it the oposite way when recreating. Please ensure you are
following these steps when deleteing a release stategy otherwise it
will cause issues.

Regards,

Ashwini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in Golden Client CL24N, deleted released strategy are showing ? If showing then correct those entries by delete button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish Panchal,

Release Strategy is the cross client customization   what ever the changes in one system then automatically it will effect the another 

Regards,

M B Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thank all of you for reply.

My issue is that all changes for deleted release strategy not showing same.

Now as per my attached screen shot (Please refer file), I am enable to delete these entries.

How to remove these entries from production system.

Thanks,

Ashish Panchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Deleted Rel. Strategy showing in Table T16FS (Release Group and Release Strategy) ?

In SPRO Check Release Strategy also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply,

It is not showing in table T16FS and in SPRO.

Thanks,

Ashish Panchal

former_member189686
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check & compare the bleow table entries in Developement, Quality and Production server.

Prior to making any change/update/revision.

T16FB

T16FC

T16FD

T16FE

T16FG

T16FH

T16FK

T16FL

T16FM

T16FS

T16FT

• T16FV