Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System dumps upon clicking F4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are getting a dump in ur system when a user clicks on the Employee Number F4 (collective search help PREM). I checked the dump and it looks like it is fetching all entries for PA0002 table in record_tab and trying to check authorizations even before displaying the search help window. The weirdest part being that it dumps only for 2 users out of thousands, both having completely different roles assigned.

We had recently added a field in one of the elementary search helps PREMN which uses PA0002 and the onus is on us to prove our innocence I was betting on issue with SAP GUI but it dumped on another person's PC when this user logged in.

Has anybody seen this kind of a issue or has any information on the cause?

thanks in advance,

Prakash

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nobody can help if you don't provide some details of the dump.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

I am attaching a part of the dump (st22 dump analysis is no longer available in the system). It is an out of memory, cannot expand the internal table anymore dump.

One of the members in another forum suggested looking into the object manager and I am googling it. Any idea on it?

Prakash

p.s: I was not able to upload .jpegs. have no idea why

0 Kudos

Prakash,

Do you have the restriction screen before the list is displayed when you select F4?

I have encountered this issue in my report program and it was mainly due to internal table running out of memory. can you check the size of the records that you are pulling out for list display?

Thanks

Abdul Hakim

0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

The dump happens even before the selection/restriction screen opens up. The system is getting every single record in IT0002 even before search window opens up and checking authorization for them. It then dumps with out of memory exception.

Prakash

0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

It looks like the internal table IT_2377 is getting data that has the field size is less. I would suggest that you take a look at this internal table and see what all it is getting and which field data is more than the data(in terms of size ) to be populated.

Thanks

Abhilasha Gupta

0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

it looks definetly to be a memory issue in your system the best thing is to contact your basis.

Even the dump is too long to be shown correctly...

Regards Nico

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have replied your own question its memory issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The issue is not with memory since Search helps are not supposed to read the underlying tables even before the window opens until you click on search (unless display immediately attribute is set).

Also, the issue was only for 2 users out of thousands. I tried upgrading their GUI and it did not help.

However, I moved the Search help to Prod again for some other changes and the issue got resolved. strange!!!

Thank you for all the replies,

Prakash