cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to disable controlling area - company code integration in ECC6 system?

0 Kudos

Is there a way to disable controlling area - company code integration in ECC6 system?

when we trying to post entry with FB50 or FB70 getting message that controlling area doesnt exist for a company code. I dont want to create controlling area at this stage but may be later, now I want to get post my entry without integration of CO.

expert advice are expected to solve this Issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a standard system behaviour and we cannot change it. We have to create controlling area and proceed.

Regards,

Keshava Kumar.

jonesfonchin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

Were you able to solve the above issue. I have the same issue like the one mentioned by Bobby.

Can any one help. I do not want to configure controlling documents now and nothing has been posted for controlling. For some strange reason each time I try to post FB50 or other transactions, I get the notification controlling area not assigned to company code.

How do I deactivate controlling area when I have not even created that as yet or assigned any controlling area.?

Thanks all

J

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you in production or doing this in test system.

If you are in production, you cannot deactivate, as the documents already must have been posted.

If it is a sand box system, then you can delete the data in OBR1 and delete the Controlling area.

But, in the first place why you have activated the Controlling Area, if it is not required?

0 Kudos

I m in production but so far not created any document so how to disable controlling area?

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see Ravi's post and do the same.....but suggested you to do it in TEST system first.

Please be careful

Thanks

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am just wondering, this is a very critical transport with reference to controlling module. How, this has been moved up to production that means this must have been tested in your DEV and QA system.

Before changing anything have you need to check whether any other company codes are assigned to this company code? If this is the case, you cannot deactivate the Controlling Area.

If you believe that no documents are posted, you can remove the assignment, but, before moving change up to production, you are required to test this change thoroughly in each system DEV, QA and possibly pre-production also.

I also wonder once the controlling area is activated and any cost objects are created, it would definitely expect for cost object at the time of posting. How the documents are not being posted for these many days in a live system?

Any way, as advised by Narasimhulu, you may please share your OKKP settings to get clarity for other forum members.

jonesfonchin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have experienced a similar issue today like Bobby using the ECC 6. 0 server. I have tried this on the ECC5.0 server and 4.0 server but no issues. I am thinking this may be an issue with the ECC6.0 server and I am using this on the test system.

I have to create basic controlling settings and but did not activate the various components to be allow me proceed further.

Can any one be of assistance with any other alternatives?

Regards

Jones

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check the SPRO Path

Enterprise Structure -->Assignment -->Controlling -> Assign company code to controlling area

0 Kudos

Thnx for your feed back, but at this stage I dont want to assign or configure controlling area for my company code. I ll create and maintain at later stage.

please let me know how to sort this issue.

msshihab1987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Friend

You have a good answer for you issue please read the Anandapadmanaban Post. He given the path. if you dont want to use the Controlling you dont have to assign Company code to controlling area

0 Kudos

Thnx for your reply...

So far i have not assign company code to controlling area or not created controlling either.

but when I m trying to post entry with FB50 its give me error mesasage where I had only option is to create controlling area and assign company code.

I know how to create controlling area and assign company code, but I dont want to do this at this stage. so I want to get rid off this error.

hope anyone could sort this issue

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Ravi said earlier.....

Have you already created a Controlling area and assigned it to your company code?

If yes, you must have created a Cost center and so....now the CO documents must be in existence.

Just check, if the Company code hasn't been assigned, system won't show you this error.

Anyway....could you please attach the screen shots of OKKP

Assignment of company code(s).....here you can see whether your company code has been assigned or not

Thanks