Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load URL - error when load webservice wsdl

christoph_nagl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey.

I already have following error. I created an SAP webservice and copied the URL of the WSDL in the dashboard webservice connection field. But when I press the button import, I got th error "unable to load URL". But when I test the URL in the browser, it works.
The URL needs an authorization is this a problem?

I also testet the webservice connection with an java webservice on my local tomcat webserver. There it works!

Thansk.

BR,
Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this,

1. Copy URL in IE Brower only.

2. Save file as XML.

3. Open Xml file with notepad.

4. find & replace

Find <soap:operation style="document"/> Replace <soap:operation soapAction="" style="document"/>

5. save file.

6. import in xcelsius

(for more detail check U10_How_to_Guide_EN in SDN)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar problem and I found out that I didn't finish my web service configuration in SOAMANAGER.

After generating the web service you need to create a binding in SOAMANAGER please see this guide:

http://scn.sap.com/people/mohan.kumark/blog/2008/10/14/soamanager-how-to-test-service-definition-usi...

Multi-schema issue should not be related to this SAP web services. Since I also have a WS generated from a FM in SAP CRM. And it works now!

Seems to me this will solve your problem.

Cheers,

Armands

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check the note below:

SAP note: 1240174

Symptom

• Error: "Unable to Load URL" when trying to add a Web Service Connection in Xcelsius.
  • The WSDL is based on multiple schema i.e. one schema imports from the other.

Environment

• Xcelsius 2008 Enterprise
  • Xcelsius 2008 Enterprise Service Pack 3

Reproducing the Issue

Try to load http://jira.atlassian.com/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2?wsdl as a web service connection inside Xcelsius.

Cause

This behaviour is noted in ADAPT01454514.

Resolution

Xcelsius is designed to consume simple single schema Web Services. The ability to consume Multiple Schema basd web services can be considered as an enhancement request in Xcelsius.

The acceptance enhancement request, inclusion of additional features in a product and its related timeline lies at the sole discretion of the Product Group.

Thus, issue may (or may not) be fixed in a future Service Pack / Fix Pack.

christoph_nagl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Zahid,

sorry for the late response - wasn't in the office for the last days.

I got the same error you described in the note above, but didn't know what to do now against the error. How did your abap guy implement the webservice?

Thanks for your response.

best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your domain fully qualified?  You may need to check to make sure you aren't leaving off the qualification (myBOServer.my.server.com).  Also, try inserting the IP in place of the host (http://<IP Address>:<port>/dswsbobje...).

Regards,

Kevin

christoph_nagl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

thanks for your response!

I already checked the URL in my browser and there it works. I implemented a webservice in SAP and in the configuration panel I copied the wsdl URL and insert it into the dashboard. When I copy the URL in the browser, it works fine!

Maybe the dashboard has a problem with the authentication, because the URL needs an authentication.??

Thanks.

BR,

Christoph

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Web services running on browser or any other 3rd party tool does not mean it may work in Xcelsius. Xcelsius is not able to run all types of web services. Try to modify your WS with arrays. Xcelsius does not support Data Table web services or other kinds.

christoph_nagl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Zahid,

Thanks for your response.

Where can I configure in SAP system the typ of WS? Where can i change to array?

Thanks.

BR,

Christoph

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not familiar with SAP web services. I had an ABAP guy writing the web services for me. That we had problem with and he changed the web service the way so that Xcelsius can consume it. Check with your ABAP team or whoever has knowledge about SAP web services.

christoph_nagl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey,

thanks.

I am the ABAP guy and BO guy in one person - maybe you can ask your abap guy where I have to change the configuration that it works with the dashboard.!

Thanks for your help!

BR,

Christoph

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got something for ABAP web services check the link below. This guy is explaining how to use SAP web services in Xcelsius.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/905cda63-e79d-2c10-c297-fc1a15777...

Hope this helps for you.