Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10: Need help in creating BRF+ Agent Rule

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have so far created successfully BRF+ initiator rule set and simulated it. This seems to be giving desired results. However, I am quite not clear with as to how I can create the BRF+ Agent Rule.

Can anybody please help me creating Agent Rule in BRF+ using the below assumptions:

1. Request Type= New Account
  2. Request Priority=High
  3. Approver id = USER1

What I meant from above means, whenever a request of high priority is created for new account in the back end system, USER1 should be selected as the "Approver".

Please help me.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Faisal:

Start creating the rule in the same way as the BRF+ initiator using Define Workflow Related MSMP Rules.  For Rule Kind select Agent instead of Initiator.

Select Request Type and Request Priority as your decision table entries and generate your rule.

Once in BRF+, you can then add the USER ID into the result set.

Then you need to add this rule to MSMP configuration in Maintain Rules, and in Maintain Agents.  You can then use this Agent Rule as an Approver in a stage (provide you set the agent type as Approver).

Hope this helps.

Kevin Tucholke

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I created the decision table using the request type and priority. But I am not clear where I mention the user id "USER1".

Can you please guide me assuming that I have performed all the steps prior to this and now I have to mention the user id.

Regards,

Faisal

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Faisal:

The User ID is the result you are attempting to return.

In the Results Section (should be highlighted in GREEN when looking at the decision table), the user ID is place in the field marked USER_ID (if in Expert Mode) or User ID (in Simple Mode).

Thanks.

Kevin Tucholke

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Should I mention USER1 as the "Direct input" for field USER_ID?

Regards,

Faisal

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that is exactly what you need to do.  If I remember right, you should be able to search the IDs as well.

Kevin

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Thanks for your reply.

I will try this and update you.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Thanks for your help.

I could by now create an agent rule using BRF+.

Thanks again

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (0)