cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Webservice is not working in CE 7.3 portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created MDM webservice and deployed on CE portal .I have created one destination on type MDM connection .

I went to WS navigator and executed WS and provided the detination details . But I end up with the below error. Did any one face this issue before?????

connection_3005-Cannot connect with MDM using destination XXXXXXXXXXX; caused by: Could not find destination service. Ensure that: (1) destination service exists in your application server, (2) your application has dependency on the destination service

Regards,
krishnam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

seems to be the same issue i reported before

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2130460

sap has provide the fix for this.

check this note

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
one more tip,
deploy the latest patch for all the mdm related java stuff to your java server
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu,

Thanks for your response.

But now I am facing "connection_3009-Error while establishing connection due to [-5635584] Invalid logon credentials (0xffaa0200)

com.sap.mdm.ws.core.exceptions.ConnectionErrorException: Error while establishing connection due to [-5635584] Invalid logon credentials (0xffaa0200)"

Looks like in  MDM WS Generator UID/PWD is having some issue.

When I am configuring WS  there are 5 steps :Logon,ConfigureTables,Config Fields,Genrate,Deploy.

In Step 1: there r 2 sections :

1) Logon To MDM server :  MDM Server Name  and MDM server PWD and scure connection.

2) Logon on to Repository: repository name,username,pwd.

I am now confused on these fileds. What should be the value in MDM server name?is it host name or UID? if it is UID what UID I need to provide? can u please give some example on these names how it should look.

Regards,

Krishnam

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
those are not relevant, they are just used at design time when creating the ws. all those come from MDM
now you have to know how to configure the ws call.
i see you are calling from ws navigator.
you have to provide a user which is existed both in CE and MDM, should be exactly same. as the mdm is  case sensitive
Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes I am testing using WS navigator. I have  given UID/PWD which is common in both MDM and CE portal and we r facing this error :"connection_3009-Error while establishing connection due to [-5635584] Invalid logon credentials (0xffaa0200)". Any inputs.

Regards,

Krishnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we provide UID/PWD while executing from Ws navigator, I see in the error log it is taking: Admin User.   and not the user which I provided.

Caused by: com.sap.mdm.connector.utils.MdmConnectorException: Incorrect user name ''Admin'' or password entered while logging on to repository ''ABCD'' on MDM server ''xxxxx.com:xxxx'

Can any one please tell me how to avoid admin user?

Regards,

Krishnam

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you enabled the sso between ce and mdm?

have you ticked the checkbox regarding logon ticket(something like this)  when you generate the ws?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
it is a mystery. sometimes it just cannot pickup the right user, always say the user is null.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have not Configured SSO configuration yet  between both servers.  We have assigned communication Profile to the webservice which supports all tyrpes(logon tickets,uid/pwd etc).

Regards,

Krishnam

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i didn't assign any profile to the mdm ws.
make a restart and try.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue is resolved now. I have changed the UID/pwd in the Java system properties. By default it it setted to Admin uid . Hence every time it fails. I have provided custome value UID/pwd and it works:)

Thanks,

Krishnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

We are also facing the same issue. when we try to execute the webservice from the SOAP UI we are getting below error.

"connection_3009-Error while establishing connection due to Can not authenticate 'repository session' because user name is not specified"

we have given the server name and repository name while executing the webservice. We could get the response when we executed from the webservice navigator.

Outside it is not working.Do we need to configure anything.

1. while generating the webservice we have used the below options.

Transport Protocol: HTTP

Authentication Mechanism: HTTP Authentication

Checked 'Use SAP Logon Ticket'.

Please let me know if you have any inputs for the above issue.

Thanks,

Kiranmai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In My case we fixed the issue as MDM connection details related to Database is provided with wrong details.

Answers (0)