Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Determination-Account Category reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i dont have much knowledge about Accounting bcoz i m engineer,

so plz tell me in simple language what does it mean by Account Category Reference..& where it use came into action.

Regards

Gaurav Rai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Account category reference is the link between the valuation classes and the material types.

The account category reference is a combination of valuation classes , one account category reference is assigned to a material type. In the standard SAP , account category reference is assosiated with  each material. The account category reference is assigned to precisely one valuation class. This means that each material type has its own valuation class.

Vishal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is nothing but Grouping of Valuation class with Material type, indirectly valuation class linked with G/L accounts for account postings.Hence it is the reference for Account postings. Thats why it is called reference for Account Category or Account category reference

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For account determination, the direct vital components are chart of account, valuation grouping code, account groping code, valuation class and transaction event key.

The indirect vital components are account category reference and valuation area. The account category reference allows the flexibility for linking of material type with possible valuation class. So when transaction occurs for material where material type is in material  links with valuation class through account category reference(OMSK) which then movement type links transaction event key(OMWN) resulting accounting entries (which G/L account is/are assigned in OBYC)

Regards,

Biju K