Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO4 Information Design Tool - No DataFederatorServices found

arunkumar_vr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to get acquainted with the new Information Design Tool. My aim is to create a universe based on BW cube. On reading few articles, I got the understanding that for BW cubes we have to create relational connection and for BEx queries use OLAP connection.

Now, while attempting relational connection (selecting SAP -> SAP Netweaver BW -> SAP Java Connector (JCO) and click next) it is giving error No DataFederatorServices found.

Error:

[Data Federator Driver] No data federation service was found. Reported error: 'com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$OCAFramework: Unable to find servers in CMS BODEV:6400 and cluster @BODEV:6400 with kind pjs and service DataFederatorService. All such servers could be down or disabled by the administrator. (FWM 01014)

This issue pops up only when I am trying from a remote pc. I tried the same thing in BO server itself and the tool is working fine, I am able to create the connection.

Please help me out in resolving this issue.

Regards,

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you must define the port of the aps with the data federation serivce. Afterwards check if the Firewall is configured to not blocking this port.

Hope, that helps

Andreas

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

We defined a port for the APS but still not working..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting the same problems but it's intermittent. 

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Does need JAVA stack for this?,

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Does somebody solve this? I have the same issue.

BO 4.0 SP7

BW 7.3 on HANA

Thanks in advance!

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry & Arun,

I am having same issue.. could you please guide how can i resolve that ???

I have checked in CMC.. server is running fine....

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rishit

Former Member
0 Kudos

having same issue. 

I check APS and see that Data Federation service is running.  I have access to RFC object.  I also get the same error above (JCO) when trying to create relational connection of a BW cube.

I try to login to data federation client tool, and get this message:

Cannot connect to the server that hosts the data federation service. (DFA 40001)

Unable to find servers in CMS 192.168.20.93:6400 and cluster @ebcw08v700.ebc-fit.efc.internal:6400 with kind pjs and service DataFederatorService. All such servers could be down or disabled by the

administrator. (FWM 01014)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've had the exactly same issue.

In my case it was a network connection problem. The Adaptive Processing Server port was set to Auto Assign. So I've opened a new port in our firewall and I assign this new port value into the APS Server.

After restarting the APS server everithing was ok. That's why other users were able to connect directly from the server but not from client machine.

I'm now able to connect with the Data Federation Administration Tool and use multi connection sources in UNX univers.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe this is what our 3rd party support team did to resolve this.

thanks,

matt

ali_ziza
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same issue, and i found out by comparison with a working BIP server the following

IMPORTANT: These changes may NOT work for your system. Make sure to make a backup of the adaptive processing server command line in the CMC and test this on a trest server.

Cause: Data Federator command line is missing in the Adaptive server possibly after patching or upgrade.

See Example below of deployment on BIP 4.0SP4p4

DF and CS commands are included in RED in the following in the Adaptive Processin Server –

-Djava.awt.headless=true "-Dcom.businessobjects.datafederator.server.home=D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/java/pjs/services/DataFederatorService/resources" "-Dbusinessobjects.logs.home=D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/logging/" "-XtraceFile=D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/logging/aps_SIANode4x.AdaptiveProcessingServer_jvm_@PID.log" -Xrs "-Xloggc:D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/logging/aps_SIANode4x.AdaptiveProcessingServer_gc.log" -XX:MaxPermSize=256m "-Dbobj.javaserver.home=D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/java/pjs/container/" "-Dbobj.enterprise.home=D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/" -XX:LogGcMaxFileCount=3 -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps "-Dbusinessobjects.connectivity.directory=D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0//dataAccess/connectionServer" -XsapSystem:08 "-XX:ErrorFile=D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/logging/aps_SIANode4x.AdaptiveProcessingServer_dump_@PID.log" -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError "-XX:HeapDumpPath=D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/logging/" -XX:+ExitVMOnOutOfMemoryError "-Djava.io.tmpdir=D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/java/pjs/container/temp" "-XX:GCHistoryFilename=D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/logging/aps_SIANode4x.AdaptiveProcessingServer_gc.prf" "-Dboe.external.dir=D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/java/lib//external" -Xms32m -XX:+PrintGCDetails "-Dboe.bundles.dir=D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/java/lib//bundles" -XX:LogGcMaxFileSize=5m -Xjvmx -Xss1M -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=false -Xmx1g "-Dbo_cluster.config_dir=D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/win64_x64/config" -Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl -server "-Dboe.common.dir=D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/java/lib/" "-Djava.library.path=D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0//win64_x64" -jar "D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/java/pjs/container/bin/boeserver.jar" -workdir "D:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/java/pjs/container/work"

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

blair_towe2
Participant
0 Kudos

Good afternoon, Arun - We have just gone through the process of doing this. Through working with SAP Support, here is how we resolved this:

First, it is important to sign into IDT with your SAP credentials instead of LDAP or Enterprise. Then we followed Note 1656905 to:

Create a relational connection with SAP Jco

Create a Data Foundation with multisource-enabled

Create a Business Layer on the Data Foundation

Publish the generated Universe (UNX).

We then followed Note 1638647 where you create a single RFC destination in BW for these Jco connections. You then use the Data Federation Administration Tool to create a connection configuration. In that configuration, you change two parameters as described in the note.

After following these steps, we were successful. I hope this helps!

Regards,

Blair Towe

arunkumar_vr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Blair,

Thanks for the information. But I am still lost in this process.

1. Logged in through SAP credentials, but still on selecting SAP JCO, it is throwign me error same as in my previous post.

2. Data federator administration services is not allowing me to login, saying data federation services not found.

All the above said issues are there only when I am trying to login from a remote PC. In the BO server, everything is working fine.

Regards,

Arun.

blair_towe2
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning, Arun - What patch level is your server and client on? We are on BI 4.0 SP02 Patch 11. Also, since it seems that the problem is happening from a remote client but not on the server, have you tried reinstalling the remote client?

Regards,

Blair Towe

arunkumar_vr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Blair,

Sorry for the late reply, as I was away with few other issues.

Regarding your queries:

1. We are on the same version and patch levels you have mentioned.

2. I had tried installing the client tools in a entirely different machine, but still the same issues.

I noticed one more thing. While opening the old universe designer and trying to create a new connection, after giving connection name and clicking next, it takes around 10-15mins for the system to get to the next screen. From there onwards it works fine. Don't know if this is a known issue and also if this is havving any connection to our information designer issue.

Regards,

Arun.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a server called Adaptive Processing Server on the BI Platform.

inside this server, there is a service called "Data Federation"

This needs to be configured. Actually, it sounds like the APS isn't running currently.

There are also additional configuration options in the BW, including RFC destinations, Authorizations required etc.

There is also the important matter of sizig the APS. (default config is not optimal) For this, please refer to Note 1694041 - BI 4.0 Consulting:- How to size the Adaptive Processing Server

Regards,

H