cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSS Feed sorting

TomVanDoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've noticed that the RSS feed by default sorts on last activity.

However, I'm not really interested in reading the same blog over and over again because someone replied to it. I tried adding a sort parameter myself, but this does not seem to wrok.

Can we have RSS feeds that reflect the sorting and filtering which we do directly on the blog list?

Or simply an RSS feed with only the newest blogs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to the default RSS feeds, at the bottom of any generated list across SCN there is a link to an RSS feed. The feed reflect any filters/sorting applied.

It's best to perform this when not signed into SCN too match how an RSS reader would interpret the list.

For example, go to http://scn.sap.com/content

You can also do this for the content tab of a single space if you want to follow blog or discussions or document or all content from that particular space.

- Jason

0 Kudos

jason, thanks for the quick reply.

yes, i'm aware of this link to the corresponding RSS feed. unfortunately, this doesn't work either. just take your given example and check out the feed result. the generated RSS feed is always sorted by activity, it doesn't matter what sorting option you chose beforehand.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Your right! I was under the wrong impression...I'm looking into this.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - Here's s feed I found that lists blog posts by creation data, system wide (across SCN): http://scn.sap.com/blogs/feeds/posts

0 Kudos

good find - looks like an option that the OP could be perfectly happy with.

though for me, i'd very much prefer to subscribe to content from select spaces/places only. so, please keep investigating this.

0 Kudos

jason, since this question has been marked as 'answered' by the OP now:

do you still plan to post your investigation results regarding my issues with more specific RSS feeds here? feel free to create a follow-up topic if preferred from a moderator point of view.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jens - Yes, I'm working on a doc about RSS feed and will publish it later today or, latest, tomorrow.  There are fees everywhere and I need to check each one first.

TomVanDoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cool, thanks for the help Jason.

And thank you Jens for bringing attention to the topic.

I'll keep an eye open for that document about the SCN feeds.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Here's a mini guide on SCN RSS Feeds:

It's the sixth installment on my series of SCN mini guides.

0 Kudos

good idea! nice summary of SCN RSS feeds.

now, if you would find a way to incorporate different sorting options in the generated content tab feeds ...

0 Kudos

any progress to report here, jason?

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

None to report: what we have is what we have for the interim.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

i second this issue: the chosen sorting criteria should be reflected in the generated rss feed.

please add this bug to the known issues list. a bug fix in one of the upcoming releases would be really appreciated.

thanks very much in advance.