cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation run with zero amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all expert,

How to handle it? I have a test which posted Depreciations were zero. I like to post the depreciation to G/L as test purpose. However, I have a msg dump and I found nothing in G/L . Please show me the direction to handle such requirement. Thanks

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have Depreciations run for 2 years go. That might be difficult unless all you previous periods are active without lock. For testing, it is better run for current depreciations.

Thanks, Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Thx.

Then the migration I sould do is acquistion on next period (12 month 2012-2013)and book the Net price and the master asset should have only remain left time. Am I right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to try on test environment. I don't know any other B1 customers set up only one period for one year successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes! it is also my first time I experienced only one period in a year. The one period setting was setted by pervious consultant. He has left and I need to hand over his job. I have created 12 period in 2012-2013.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

For the test purpose, I created a test company by duplicate the processing one. then I create 12 period for year 2009-2010. The zero depreciation was run on this test envoirment. Can you point out anything it might going wrong? Thanks  a lot

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The periods have to be consistent from 2009 until now. You need set up 36 months.