Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAI2 file format - SAP vs Bank

former_member189681
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are implementing lockbox for Canada, our bank has sent us a BAI2 file, which seems to be little different from the one generated by the SAP program RFEBLBT2.

However I checked the below link in SDN, which gives the BAI2 format. The file generated by program RFEBLBT2 doesn't contain record 7.

So I am little confused which format is the correct one? Do I need to ask the bank to change their format according to RFEBLBT2 generated file?

Is there any OSS which would upgrade the file from SAP?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Krishna

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/stage/BAI2+Format+for+Lockbox

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sridhar_madiraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna, Leonardo

Could you please let me know, whether the BAI2 structure for EBS and Lock Box are different or same?

I got this doubt from your post on BAI2 structure for Lock Box. which seems to me different from the EBS BAI2 format that looks like below.

01,122099999,123456789,940621,0200,1,55,,2/

02,031001234,122099999,1,940620,2359,,2/

-

-

-

-

Could you please provide the BAI2 format for the lockbox also...(points will be awarded)

Sridhar.

Regards,

former_member479672
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Yes, they are different.

The lockbox BAI2 file is not comma delimited and the file structure can be checked through SE11.

You can refer to my WIKI Page for further info about each record length.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/NQu0Dw

Another useful program is RFEBLBT2, which allows you generate a sample BAI2 file for lockbox based on your customizing, so you can compare and perform the necessary tests.

If you need further help, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Leonardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leonardo,

Your comment about BAI2 for lockbox not being comma delimited raises a question. I am very familiar with BAI2 formats and BAI.org but the fixed length records talked about here for lockbox are also called a BAI format? There is nothing at BAI.org that describes these fixed length records for lockbox.

Is the lockbox format being talked about something unique to SAP? I cannot figure out where the fixed length record format for lockbox came from (it is not an official BAI format at all).

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

~Bill

former_member479672
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I am sorry, but this WIKI Page should not be released, since it is not finished.
But, note that the record 7 is not mandatory, some banks process groups of checks in batches, so this record will be useful.

You can ignore this and proceed implementing the lockbox process with usual records

I hope it helps to clarify the Record 7 purpose.

Thank you and regards,

Leonardo Cunha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

create a seprate z program and generate the output as per the bank format.