Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing "sapgui.componenttrace" value to true

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi I am working with EEM.

When I upload the script to the editor and play it there is an errorwhich says "sapgui component could not be initiated"

I need to set the value of sapgui.componenttrace to true.

From where can I access this component.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for trying. The problem was actaully of the incorrect login data. and the editor was throwing the wrong error message. Now corrected the login data and now everything is working well.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

hi,

This is neither an EEM configuration issue nor a Solution Manager configuration issue.

Setting the sapgui.componenttrace = true only means EEM editor will try to dump the sapgui component tree at the end of message response. While this error is refers to SAPGUI itself.

Please check if you have installed SAPGUI on your computer and what version is it.

Best Regards,

Zhichao

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chen,

I have installed SAP GUI on my computer. I also have an editor which is compatible to the version of Solution manager 7.1. That editor works well and in that if I upload the script and play it then it runs well without this error.

But the same script when I am trying to run in the editor matching the Solman 7.0 SP 26 version then I am getting this error.

And as I have alreay mentioned that I have set that parameter in the configuration of editor and also changed it in  the scripts in the EEM repository.

Regards

Vishal

0 Kudos

hi, Vishal,

would you mind if you export the script and sent it to me?

I can verify it locally then,

Best Regards,

Zhichao

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zhichao,

There is no need now. The problem is resolved. actually the editor is throwing wrong error message, the real problem was the connection details. the system details for the script to login to the system were wrong so the script was not able to login to the system but instead of givin that error message it gave the componenttrace error.

By mistake i had given the wrong system number instead of 00 i gave 10 and so that was the problem.

Thanks all for trying.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this for more details

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-14607

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu.

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ventkata,

As i have alredy mentioned i have checked the "sapgui.componenttrace" in the editor. and actually that is not a prerequisite. That is just an option if you want the trace data.

Is the sapgui.componenttrace available anywhere else, I checked in RZ11 but it is not there.

Regards

Vishal

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Could you click "script configuration"   > "Configuration Scope:

script"   > Advanced   > Parameters

Could you check if sapgui.componenttrace is defined here?

Kind Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Please refer the below FQAs, You need activate a parameter in the backend where you are running the script,

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EEM/FAQ

Is it necessary to activate parameter sapgui/user_scripting in RZ10/RZ11 for script execution by EEM Robots all the time?

Yes, to replay SAPgui-based EEM Scripts the scripting parameter has to be activated on the system. In some cases it is not possible to enable SAP GUI Scripting for lack of a dedicated application server. This implies that users who are allowed to use SAP GUI Scripting work on the same server as others, so the support cannot be enabled for the server. The problem can be solved by setting the rights to run SAP GUI Scripting per user. As in the previous chapter the profile parameter sapgui/user_scripting needs to be set to “TRUE”. The new profile parameter sapgui/user_scripting_per_user allows the administrator then to enable SAP GUI Scripting support for specific users. Unless the administrator explicitly changes the value, this parameter is set to “FALSE”. If the profile parameter is set to “TRUE” the following happens:

• On the login screen SAP GUI Scripting is available for every user. 
  • After login SAP GUI Scripting only remains available for those users that have the authorization for the Execute(16) action of the authorization object S_SCR in class BC_A.

The following software versions are required to use this new functionality: 

SAP GUI for Windows

• 6.40: Patch 22 and following 
  • 7.10 and following

SAP System

• 6.40: Kernel 6.40 patch level 159, support package SAPKB64020 
  • 7.00: Kernel 7.00 patch level 87, support package SAPKB70011 
  • 7.10 and following.

Thanks,

Jagadish

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Jagdish,

I have seen this link but the parameter shown here are different and they are for enabling recording which I have already done.

The error talks about the componenet "sapgui.componenttrace"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

In your EEM script editor , before running the script , have you enabled the component trace option?

Please see the screenshot above.

Thanks,

Jagadish

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done that too i have checked that box but still its showing the same answer. For the Solman 7.1 i have not cheked that box but still I am able run the script and edit it.

regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

What is your SAP Solution Manager 7.01 sp level where this is not working?

Can you check the below note if it has any relevancy with your issue?

1509719 LM-SERVICE 701 SP08 Patch 1