Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Blue print

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

From  my client side. today was big discussion on Business blue print

I want to hear you from all, what are the benefits if i captured all my business processes in business blue print solar01,02 in solution manager

I had explained all about we can future go ahead on BPMON, Test Management, but they are looking more clear and best use case for maintaining business blue print in solution manager

please share your valuable input here.

Thanks

Jansi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

One big advantage what i can think of as of now is whatever the BProcess you configure/design during 'build' phase (assuming you are talking about Implemetation Project) can be transfered to Productive solution for maintenece after go live ( for monitoring, enhancment ). The other feature I personally like is Business Process Check In/Out functionality that could be integrated with ChaRm for transparent change implementation. 

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for all the answers provided, but here my case is quite different.

before my client using solution manager only for download patches. they have remedy for charm,service desk and other tools for other purpose.

now they already have production env. I suggested them to use BPCA, BPMON and Test Management.

Now in this time, how can I propose to use BPB, if I am manually document all business process in solar01. I affraid how i am going to maintain in the stable and up to date.

this is the big challange. I am trying to give positive impress on BPB. but it always ends with maintenance is very difficult in this case.

please provide your feedback on this perspective. today I maintained my BPB in solar01. How can I maintain that, like each and every time I have to update manually, or solution manager it self can adjust the Business process accordingly.

Please update

Thanks

Jansi

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi

Placing the documentation of Business Processes in one central point is already a benefit. Often organizations have spread their documentation concerning business processes in different types of media and different locations. Placing all of this information/documentation into one repository is a first step for sure.

Not only is documentation on Business Processes spread. Sometimes it is also just missing and doesn't exist or the Business Process was created years ago and has not been updated frequently.

You could also check if your business process contains everything it should contain. Perhaps your organization is missing one or more steps to further enhance the business process. You could do that by looking at SAP Best Practices and Business Process that are delivered by the repository that SAP provides.

Perhaps you don't perform certain steps because your company does not need those steps. On the other hand, perhaps it would make sense to incorporate additional steps in your business process.

So those are already three pointers:

1) Document your business processes in one central repository

2) Update your business processes to the actual situation and keep them up to date (important)

3) Check your business processes against SAP Best Practices - is something missing? is our business process efficient?

Once you have the above you can look at all the scenarios that have Business Process Blueprinting as prerequisite.

The continuous maintenance effort is indeed something you have to take into account. There is no point in documenting the business processes if they are not going to be maintained afterwards.

That maintenance could be done by a single person with help from key users or a "business process champion". The actual effort will depend on how large the organization is.

What I would advice you is take one business process and work that out in Solution Manager and show your customer what can be done with all the functionality that is there. One business process is manageable and gives you the opportunity to prove to your customer that this is worthwhile.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Thanks for reply, As you suggested I taken some business process from procurement.

maintained the same in solar01. planned to so importance of transaction, pro documentation, tabs to the customer.

Now how can I show them the maintenance part of Business process blue print, how can be maintained up to date.

shall i  add one new business process step under existing business process directly in solar01? 

or

import the project to productive solution, create one more maintenance project for the solution , and do all the changes in maintenance project. and finally can use compare and adjust fucntionality to make my solman directory up to date?

if this is the case, who would be the incharge of all such tasks?

I am really cant show as i enter the 5 processes and transactions in the tcode solar01? I would like to show them full cycle.. please guide

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

who would be the incharge of all such tasks?

I feel individual functional team members(FICO,SD,MM etc) should be responsible to update this processes when ever there is some change.

Moreover you should define a change control process( May be you can link it with charm) and proper approvals to update the business processes.

So for example , in case of some change in the backend system due to which some more steps have been added to a business process. When the change moves for production through charm .. You can put a process saying "Change Manager should check whether all these BPs are updated, documents are attached etc"..

You can also check for the check-in check-out business processes with charm.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

It's not the intention that you as an integrator take on the task of knowing each business process and getting the business process documentation going.

You will always need someone from that specific company because the business processes don't match SAP standards nine times out of ten. Of course you can make use of reverse business process engineering and alikes to narrow down the relevant content but in the end you have to get either end-users (key-users) involved who know the business process, to make sure it is complete and to get the documentation sorted out and so on.

Another option is placing a business process champion in between. Someone who has a lot of know-how on the modules and can interact with the key-users and you as an integrator or even someone else again who will maintain the business process afterwards.

The best advice I can give is talk to a number of persons or companies who actively use Business Process Documentation and other features that are related and see how they fill in the different user roles.

Now and then SAP hosts webinars around this topic and those can be very interesting for you to pick up how companies implement this, how much effort is needed and how much time is spent on maintenance afterwards.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish ,

yes I extended with check in , check out.

What is actually doing  is, I imported my project to solution and activated the check in check out for the solution.

Later as you said maintenance project created , and adjsuted the business process by check out.

Once done I checked in the process.

Now my solution in the solution directory up to date.

But if i goto solar01, my initial project is not get changed. It is as same as the one before I import to solution.

How can I make sure my Initial Project in solar01 also get updated based on solution,

Please guide.

And @ Tom,

yes, I do checking some thing about reverse business processes. can we have any document regarding this to understand the concept

Thanks

Jansi

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi

You can find relevant information through https://service.sap.com/solutionmanager and through https://service.sap.com/rkt-solman.

Also (SAP Mentor) Tony De Thomasis has a video on youtube (search for Tony De Thomasis to find his channel on youtube and search through his content) in which he shows how the reverse business process engineering works.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I think you can copy back the structure changes to the intial project, but its a manual effort..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/45/f697e697c341b2e10000000a11466f/content.htm

I am not sure if this can be done automatically.

THanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, but here is too complicated.

Take the sceanaro like where have different project for different region(where logical component differs) copied from global template.

Now I imported all the business process of all the region into one solution or do i go and create different solution for different region..

and if i going to create the different solution, then do i need to create different maintenance project to use the check in check out or I can use the same maintenance project?

If I am using the same single solution for all the region, then how this affect by future things like BPCA, BPMON.

I am really lost, looking some best practices in this area,

where can I see the recorded webiner for Business blue print implementation in cross regional scenario

Please update

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions, now I the question turns to maintenance part.

Today I created Business blue print, configured BPMon and all. but later if i want to change  this structure. or want to add more documents for the upcoming maintenance project.

who will do this tast. means whom can access the transaction code solar01, whos responsplity to maintain the blue print in solar01 upto date, adding zprograms.transactions and all.

please suggest

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I feel .. for every functional area .. there should be some functional consultants ( need to be defined) who will take care of this process. Moreover there should be some change control process defined to make this changes. It should not be like ... anyone can go and change something in the structure...You can always control the tabs( transactions, General documents,project documents,enhancements.,config etc) through authorisaiton objects.

Most important things which need to be restricted is the structure, transactions and configuration...

The remaining tabs can be freed for all the consultants.

Thanks,

Jagadish.,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I guess, I am digging a lot into this blue print, sorry but I need more clarification on maintenance sceanario for blue print.

Luckily I got the below document, where it is saying How to maintain a business process blue print in a long term basis.

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=002007974700000898...

The document prety clear and answers all the query based on blue print in real life environment.

But unfortunately this wont fit into my environment, where we are running multiple implementaiton project simultanously and multiple maintenence project also runs simultanously,

In this case, how can I acheive the long term maintenance provided in the guide. do i need to create separate solution for each and every implementation project.

could any one read the doc above and guide me how can i fit the sap guidance to the multiple implementation and maintenance sceanario,

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jansi,

I am getting an error while opening this link...can you give me the correct link.

Thanks

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jhansi,

can you send me the exact link again. the link is not opening in the browser

manju

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

I new to SM DM, can you please let me know how to configure the approval steps for apporving the reviewed document in solar01/solar02.

your help is much appriciated.

thanks

hr

former_member183835
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Jansi,

In the business blueprint stage, I think the main advantage is we can create a clear documentation of our project. At any time of the project we can easily identify the process and all.

And we can create the process steps here in solman ,in which we can click on it and it will go to the R3 system and work there. So no need to go to each system to maintain all these things. So this will work like a centralized support. It is very useful.

Thanks,

Anoop Satheesan

I hope this will help you........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

The key benefits is the SAP Solution documentation in a centralised place. Different clients use different tools to capture blueprints.For example ARIS etc.

SAP Solution Manager also one of the tools to record and save the blueprints in  a central place. We can keep track of all the information related to the business process including transactions, enhancements, webdynpros .. lots more....

Moreover it also provides the business process repository with standard SAP business processes defined. Just we can select that and create our blueprints. If any changes needed to the business processes we can do that.

We also have the feature of check-in and check-out feature in solar01 where we can check-in some documents and check-out as well.

You can also use BPCA - Business process change repository using which you can track the changes to the business processes in the blueprint and config due to some transports in the landscape.

Lots more features are available as you stated you can use it in Test Management.

You have the reverse business process sync available in Solman 7.1 using which you can sync the business process from your backend to solman.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

with that we can have a record to review and in any requirement we can revisit the business process in case any changes are required we can do in future.

it give clear idea about what are all the business process we are going to handle with SAP.