cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to have an idea how to kick start the Process chains, i do have the process chains name. All I know the steps.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

1.Please go to transaction code RSPC1

2.Give chain name and press execute. Your required PC will be displayed.

3.Check the start condition for your PC. Right click the start variant, press "Display/maintain variant.

Go to "change selections"

4. If it is immediate start, you come back to the PC and press execute symbol.Your PC will start immediately.

Hope it is helpul.

Regards,

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shilpa,

Thanks for the help. Where is the execute symbol. There is schedule symbol right.... please clarify me on the point number 4....

Thanks and also found out that in SM36 also we can schedule? just checking with you guys. Anyone please reply me.

Thanks

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

When I got to RSPC1 I see three entries....

1) Process Chain (ID)

2) Log ID of a Process Chain Run

3) Display only

From the above Display only is check box. If it checked it will diaplay the chain... If this unchecked after seeing the "Change Selection" is immediate and then hit EXECUTE button then PC will start?

Thanks

--Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Just give PC name and un-check display check box.

Yes when we press the execute symbol(or press F8button on keyboard) PC will start.

Regards,

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Thnaks for the I/P. But I want thank each and every person in the loop, a BIG thanks to all.

Thanks again

--Vimal

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Since you know the Process Chain name goto tcode rspc1 and give the Process Chain name in "Process Chain (ID)" filed, leave the log ID filed blank, uncheck 'display only' button and execute.

--> then the process chain is displayed in planning view.

-->since you said that the start condition of the PC is immediate, press the "Schedule(F8)" button present on tool bar or just press F8.

This will run your process chain and you can verify from log view. If the Process Chain didnt start, then please verify the start condition of the Process Chain.

Regards,

Harish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Go to SE37 and give the program : RSPC_API_CHAIN_START and click on execute.

Now give the process chain name and execute, It will ask for Priority you can use Standard priority

You can also check the Scheduling options by clicking on Start variant.

You can change the scheduling option also.

The above method will work in both the case...if it direct scheduling or through meta chain.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Follow the steps suggested by Shilpa, monitor the PC in Log view and make sure it completes successfully.The above suggested steps helps in running the PC manually. But you may even schedule the PC to trigger automatically at regular intervals (hourly, daily, weekly or even monthly) by changing the Scheduling options to time/after event in 'Change Selections'.

Let me know if its not clear.
Regards
Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Go to SE37 and give the program : RSPC_API_CHAIN_START and click on execute.

Now give the process chain name and execute, It will ask for Priority you can use Standard priority

You can also check the Scheduling options by clicking on Start variant.

You can change the scheduling option also.

The above method will work in both the case...if it direct scheduling or through meta chain.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

You can also view the status of the executed process chain by executing the program RSPC_MONITOR in SE38

Regards,

Saranya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Here are the steps to kick start the Process chains in BI 7.0

1) Execute transaction RSPC

2) Press 'Create', enter 'Name' and 'Description' of the process chain, press 'Continue'

3) First step in the process chain will be a 'Start' step, press 'Create' to create a process variants

4) Enter 'Name' and 'Description' of the process variant

5) 'Save' process variant and go back, 'Change selections' is used to schedule the process chain, we will revisit this again later.

6) Press 'Continue'

7) Select the InfoPackage which is used to load data in Infocube, drag InfoPackage to right panel

😎 Select the process variants as InfoPackage using fucntion key F4

9) Select the InfoPackage XXXX and press 'Continue'

10) Following steps will be added in the process chain

11) Join 'Start' step with step 'Indexes' by selecting 'Start' step and dragging the line to 'Indexes'

12) Go back to 'Start' step and right click to 'Maintain Variant'

13) Select 'Immediate' to schedule the process chain immediately

14) 'Check' the process chain and 'Activate' the process chain

15) Execute the process chain.

16) Process chain will start executing, to check the status, Press

17) Select 'Yesterday and Today' to check the status of the process chain

19) Once completed, the status will appear, in-case there is any failure, the status will appear as canceled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Firstly, thanks for your detailed steps.

I know the process chain name i..e. ZST_MX_PC_B001DD, all I need to know that where should I give this name? in Step 2 right.

Am newbie in sap BI. So...

Thanks,

--Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

can you please elaborate your requirement, your are trying to create a new process chain or you want to load already created process chain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Already created Process chains. I do NOT want to create new PC all the way from the beginning. No No No at this point.

Very Simple.... I have  a two process chains which is already created by someone and my manager asked me to run those. First PC will bring the data to the first layer of DSO and second one to the all the way up to the Cube. My question was how do I kick start the first PC and after completion of this I need to start the second.

All I want is I've existing Process Chains names of those two. How do I proceed with running of the PC. That is all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

In second step you have to create the PC name, if you want to run the first PC right click on START and select maintain variant.

In the next step Start immediately and after completion of first PC, go for next PC same as above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Still I get confused here.... Lemme ask this...How I search PC name (which is already I've) and schedule it. That is all.

Thanks.

--Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Go to SM37 t.code, search for desired PC name and schedule it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We are getting closer on this one. But my process chain name is ZST_KK_PC_B001DD, then how do i get the corresponding process chain request name BI_***** and execute in SM37

Thanks

vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

The corresponding process chain request name is BI_Process_trigger and selected the interested job and click on step on Menu bar so that you will get options of scheduling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ravi,

please get me the step to execute the process chain ZST_KK_PC_B001DD.

Thanks,

--Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Please refer the attached document for executing your request.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Hope your request has been resolved.

Regards

Ravi