cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating 'Confirmation Required' for Operation Control Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a system that has been used for around 2 years.  The current control key setting for operation confirmations is - confirmation possible.

We have not been doing final confirmations on any of our operations.

The business wants to be able to set operations to CNF going forward.

What is the risk of changing the control key to 'confirmation required', in a system that would have hundreds of thousands of open orders / operations.

If we don't make this change and try to set operations to CNF, order header will be set to CNF as soon as a single operation is confirmed.  This means that any other operation on the order cannot be scheduled (CM25) as this excludes orders that are confirmed.

Appreciate your advice.

Maikel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the below link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1827293

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1964389

Are you using any developments or User statuses?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but those threads don't help.

I know what I have to do to get around my issue.

The question is, what is the risk of changing the confirmation setting to 'confirmation required' on existing data in the system?  SAP don't recommend changing the control key once it has been used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Even you set the control key configuration as Confirmation possible but not necessary, system will set the order status as PCNF only if pending confirmations are there for remaining operations.

Just I have created replica of your scenario. Please see the attached documents.

Please tell me any other developments or user statuses you are using for the order.

sundar_desai2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maikel,

There will not be any impact on existing orders after changing Control key configuration.

Sundar

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An operation control key with Confirmation required doesn't "force" the user to make a confirmation.

I'm still a little unsure what you are wanting??

Can you give an example for a single operation, and multiple operations???

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really appreciate the time / effort you have gone to on this, with the screenshots and all! Thanks.

You have to do a confirmation on an operation to get PCNF.  We currently do this using CAT2.

Currently final confirmations are not possible through CAT2, only partial.

In my testing when I enabled final confirmation from CAT2, and sent the data to PM, the order status was set immediately to CNF.  Even though there were still other orders with 'no confirmation' on them at all (not even PCNF).

The system did this becuase of the control key setting 'confirmation possible'.  As it was not expecting confirmation from any other operations, it just set the order to CNF... which was a problem.

Now I have set 'confirmation required (option 2)' for the control key and it works fine!

Cheers,

Maikel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sundar, exactly what I was hoping to hear!

Going to production this weekend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Your first comment is very helpful.  I was worried about the consequences of changing the control key confirmation from ' ', to 2.  If this doesn't force a confirmation, then all good I think.

See my comments to another user above for more info:

"You have to do a confirmation on an operation to get PCNF.  We currently do this using CAT2.

Currently final confirmations are not possible through CAT2, only partial.

In my testing when I enabled final confirmation from CAT2, and sent the data to PM, the order status was set immediately to CNF.  Even though there were still other operations with 'no confirmation' on them at all (not even PCNF).

The system did this becuase of the control key setting 'confirmation possible'.  As it was not expecting confirmation from any other operations, it just set the order to CNF... which was a problem.

Now I have set 'confirmation required (option 2)' for the control key and it works fine!"

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maikel,

For internally processed operations the header system-status will be set to PCNF when:

• Multiple Operations: the first operation is partially confirmed
  • Multiple Operations: the first operation is finally confirmed
  • Single Operation: the only operation is partially confirmed

CNF at header level will only be set when ALL operations are CNF.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pete.

Its a bit deeper than that.  The action is dependant on the control key setting for confirmations.

The below is true if confirmations is set to 'confirmation required'.

If it is set to 'confirmation possible' then order header is CNF as soon as the first operation is set to CNF.  Even if there are multiple other operations that do not yet have a confirmation.  The system takes 'confirmation possible' to mean that it is not required for any other operation, therefore if one operation gets a CNF, then the whole order does.

Exception to this is if we get a PCNF on one of the other operations.  In this case, the system will wait for that operation to get a CNF, before setting the order header.

I need to change my control key to 'confirmation required', but am concerned about the impact on production system.  Is there anything to be concerned about?