cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Authentication box" on BI Launch Pad (BOBJ 4.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How do I enable the "authentication box" to choose the authentication type on BI launchpad (BOBJ 4.0)?

All others applications shows the "authentication box" (WebI Rich Client, for exemple).
The CMC web page shows this "authentication box" too.
Only in BI Launchpad don't show this box.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Alessandra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis and Yosra,

Thanks a lot. I will apply this note and I hope that works.

1549258 - Authentication drop down option is missing from "BI Launch Pad" login page
https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1wdCZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F...

Regards,
Alessandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I get access to this link?

I get a challenge for User ID and PW, but no option to sign up and I don't see any other sign up interfaces on this site.

I would like to read https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1wdCZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you service agreement with SAP, some one in your team will have super user access. contact taht person to give an access to SAP support portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find the documentation also on the administration manual of BI that is available without login to the market place.

The manual has a name similar to xi4sp5_bip_admin_en and you have to search for:

5.2.16.1 Configuring the BI launch pad logon screen

Hope that this can help you.

Regards

Matteo

former_member189884
Contributor
0 Kudos

You may have better luck just reasking you full querstion in a new post. You may ge tthe answer you need from people here.

Essentially the note tells how to enable the dropdown by modifying a bilaunchpad.properties file in which the authentication.visible setting is changed to true from false, and then restarting tomcat.

-Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.  I have not had a lot of experience navigating this site.  I seem to run into the 'second' layer of credentialing whenever I finally seem to find a link that looks like the answer

That manual was what I needed.

Thanks again.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is described in the admin guide as welll as in SAP Notes, which you can search for on SMP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandra,

See KBA 1549258.

Regards,

Yosra