cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create installer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

1. According the help of SDK Tutorial, it need to create the installer. Should I create installer seperately for every add-on?

2. I have created a simple add-on through VB express 2010, "just a button control to connect the SAP". After publish to a share folder, then user install through that exe file . User can run the exe in no problem. After that, I creat the rdf by used of AddOnRegDataGen. I choose the exe file in share folder which published by VB express 2010.  Then register Add-on by choosed the RDF I made in previous step. When run the add-on, it will install again.

Could you please show me the correct method. which exe I need to generate and how?

Thanks everyone

Regards

Gary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Yes, I recommend you create a separate installer for each addon-on you create. I also recommend you use the B1DE toolkit available on the SCN to create your installers. The B1DE is an extension for Visual Studio that offers various template projects, including 2 installer projects. These installer projects will take you through the steps to create your installer, including the ard registration file.

B1DE can be found here:
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/a099e0cb-0f44-2a10-85a3-b24cd46619f4

Kind Regards,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Owen

Thanks for your reply. I have download the B1DE and tried to use the template call SAP Add-On installer .Net wizard, After all the process, I run the add-on and I pop up "The installer must be run from SAP Business One" .

Which exe I should use?

Many thanks

regeards

Gary

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Once you've created your installer exe and ard file using the B1DE you need to install the addon by logging in to SAP Business One and going to the Addon Administration screen (System Initialisation--Add-ons--Add-On Administration). In this screen, click on the Register Add-on button and browse to pick up your ard file.

Kind Regards,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Owen

Helloworld as an example. it has a project and class and submain. after I publish, the share folder has a setup file. Should I use this setup file for the SAP add-on installer.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi together,

It is much appreciate if anyone give a track please!

Cheer

Gary

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Creating an installer for your add-on would go something like this:

1. Compile your add-on project in Release mode in VS. This will generate the add-on executable and supporting files such as the Interop dlls for the UI and DI API. Make sure your add-on project is set to compile for the x86 platform.
  2. Create a new installer project from one of the B1DE wizards. When prompted, select the add-on executable you generated in step 1 as well as any supporting files required by your add-on (e.g. srf files for forms etc). Personally I recommend the simpler B1DE installer as it's caused me the least installation issues over the years. The installer is a bit ugly but you can spend time customising it if you want so it looks like a professional installer.
  3. Once the installer wizard is completed you should be left with a single executable in the bin\Release folder of your installer project as well as an ard file. These two files are required to register your add-on within the Addon Administration screen in SBO.

Note: When the ard is generated by the B1DE wizard, it includes the digital signature of your compiled add-on. If you want to update your add-on code and recompile then you will need to rebuild your installer as well. The simplest way is to delete the old installer project and create a new one. However, if you've spent time customising this installer then there are ways to update the existing installer project and to recompile and regenerate the ard file. The steps depend on which installer type you chose.

Kind Regards,

Owen