cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Value upload with NBV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The business requirement is to upload the legacy assets based on Net Book Value (NBV). I did the configuration in Asset Accounting --> Asset Data Transfer --> Parameters for Data Transfer --> Options --> Specify Entry of Net Book Value (No Accum. Ordinary Depr.).

The issue is if I put the NBV in TC: AS91 (upload legacy asset), it's copying the NBV to accumlated depreciation. We just need to put ONLY NBV in the upload.

Is any configuration I am missing OR can anybody please explain what is the process?

Your help and time will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Niki Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niki,

per my understanding, there are 2 ways on how convertion for asset :

1. gross method : to show historical from previous legacy system e.g : amount for APC minus with Accm.ord depre will produce NBV.  then use AS91 or can use tools like LSMW to upload with batch file.

2. nett method : as you mentioned only post for NBV ...consider as this will be starting point ..so can use tcode F-90 with create AS01 master data first against GL conversion account.

to reconcile between subledger asset with GL then :

- do OASV (transfer balance)  to hit GL recon asset OR

- reset recon GL asset with OAMK first  so it can be consider as "direct posting to recon GL asset" using F-02/ABF1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SPRO->Asset Accounting -->Overview of Experts->Check Legacy Data Transfer->Calculated accumulated depreciation =>Please check whether its setup correcly(uncheck depreciation calc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eashwari,

Thanks for the reply but it's already unchecked.......

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Niki Shah