cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/HTTP/ADAPTER.HTTP_EXCEPTION - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, I have Proxy to SOAP Asynchronous scenario. In the SOAP receiver communication channel I am receiving below message when I am trying to post from the RWB. When I test the same message from SOAP UI i get 200 status which is successful.                 Error SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/HTTP/ADAPTER.HTTP_EXCEPTION - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error Information SOAP: sending a delivery error ack ... Information SOAP: sent a delivery error ack Error MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/HTTP/ADAPTER.HTTP_EXCEPTION - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error Error Adapter Framework caught exception: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/HTTP/ADAPTER.HTTP_EXCEPTION - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error Error Delivering the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/HTTP/ADAPTER.HTTP_EXCEPTION - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error. I have enabled the "DO NOT USE SOAP ENVELOPE" in CC. I have tried using this with and without both have same error. Thanks....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi harsha joshyam,

With that kind of error you are reaching to the endpoint. The cause of the error could be:

1. The endpoint is failing to dealing with your message because:

- You format message is not the format message that is expected. This could be because is expecting a deteminated XSD, determinated SOAP or no-SOAP tags, etc.

- The endpoint is failing for another reason (weird)

2. You could put this in the module tab to deal with the SOAP tags:

Regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I tried adding both the modules but no luck still the same error. How come when I test the same from SOAP UI it successfully returns 200 response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the CC has option 'DONOT use SOAP envelope' selected. I had this issue earlier as well an removing the selection on check box did the trick. Some times creating a new communication channel helps as well... Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Could you solve it?  I have the same problem and I have not found a solution.

I apreciate any advise. Thanks so much.

Regards, Luis

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

This is a pretty old post though, i try to recall this situation of error i encountered,

"Our web service was asynchronous in nature. The target system did not want to change the service to synchronous whereas SAP was requesting for synchronous response.

As the service was asynchronous but I had made SOAP_RECEIVER_CC as BEST EFFORT, it was failing with 500 error.  So to make this work I configured the adapter modules that would force the error to process successfully."

So coming to your query, if you are seeking response from asynchronous web service then by adding above modules will help you.

Incase if your service is Synchronous and you are returned with 500 then below might have happened,

1) Incorrect passing of payload to the target

2) Service within the target system is down

3) The processing of service in the target system has encountered an error.

Kindly let us know by checking at the receiver if they have received your payload, as they can track easily on the logs and suggest you.

Hope this is helpful

Cheers!!

Ciao

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you say you can successfully call the web service from SOAP UI, this should be pretty simple. Compare the following for both: SOAP UI and PI:
1. URL that you are sending the request to.
2. Message payloads.

Let us know if and where you will find differences. In principle, URL should be exactly the same in PI as in SOAP UI (which might be the reason for your error). Payloads should match in terms of general structure and namespaces (really important!).

Hope this helps,
Greg

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please try below modules in module tab and see.

for the default module sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.soapadapter/XISOAPAdapterBean set:

Module Key  =  soap

Parameter Name  =  noSOAPMakeSysErrFromResponseFault

Parameter Value  =  false

Regards

Aashish Sinha