cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product in planning book selection profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO expert,

I have made status ND in r/3 and I do not see any transaction data in APO for that material, hence I can say this product is not APO relevant.

Secondly I don’t want to see that product in planning book selection profile.

How to do this? Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rushikesh,

To make not APO relevant go in material master and set Procurement Type - P (external procurement planning). The heuristic won't create any PL-ORD for the material type P.

Thanks, Marius

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rushikesh,

Is the product discontinuation is permanent or temporary? In case of permanent change, you can delete it from APO. However, if you plan to reuse the temporarily discontinued product in future, it's better not to delete it. You can leverage selection profile filters based on extra fields. For example, location product master record has 5 freely definable fields (ATT01 to ATT05 in /SAPAPO/MATLOC table). You can maintain them in SPRO (IMG -> APO -> Master data -> Maintain freely definable attributes).

Use one of the extra fields (say ATT01) and add a value (for example ND) to it for the discontinued product. In your selection profile, define a filter with the chosen extra field ATT01 (similar to the highlighted one in the following fig) and use selection option to exclude the value (i.e. ND). In this way, your selection profile will exclude all the temporarily discontinued products that are having extra field value as ND.

When the business decides to re-plan the product again, you can update the MRP type back to X0 in ECC and delete the ND value in the location product master record in APO.

Thanks,
Rajesh

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rushikesh,

Just changing the MRP type from X0 (or whatever was the selection criteria on your Integration Model) to ND will not delete the material from APO.

I assume that you are talking about SNP planning area/book. You would need to delete the material manually in APO if you no longer need it. Later on if you need the material, you can change teh MRP type back to your relevant selection criteria in IM (integration model), and it would come again to APO.

You need to mark the product for deletion in APO, and then you could delete it using the program /SAPAPO/DELETE_PRODUCTS.

For deletion of location product in APO, Note 571031 - Handling deletion of
Product master or location product
would be helpful. It talks about what dependent objects, etc you should check before deletion.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rushikesh,

Apart from above, also look at Note 364287 - Logging materials that are
no longer APO-relevant

This would tell you how SAP recommends to handle materials that are no longer APO relevant. If you have any doubts on the content, you could let me know.

Thanks - Pawan