cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in NWDS 7.3 SP03

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using NWDS 7.3 SP03 running on JDK 1.6.0_31. We are trying to create a Mobile Application for Handheld. While starting the NWDS in the "Mobile Applications for Handhelds perspectives" all the views get loaded properly. However the "Handhelds UI Explorer" does not load.

The error message given is 

Could not create the view: An unexpected exception was thrown.

java.lang.NullPointerException     

at com.sap.tc.mobile.dt.oca.core.metamodel.MetadataHelper.createMetamodel(MetadataHelper.java:276)     
at com.sap.tc.mobile.dt.oca.core.metamodel.MetadataHelper.createMetamodel(MetadataHelper.java:241)     
at com.sap.tc.mobile.wdlite.ide.view.OCAUIExplorerView.createPartControl(OCAUIExplorerView.java:152)     
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPartHelper(ViewReference.java:367)     
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:226)     
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)      

I have created many views which I am unable to develop further. I have the following questions

1) How do I get the Handhelds UI Explorer to function properly and remove the above specified error?

2) If it is not possible to restore it, then how do I export all the Mobile UI components for handhelds so that I can import the same components in another workspace?  

Any help in this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Amardeep Verma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Got the solution to the problem thanks to Amit of SAP. Yesterday, I had closed a project in NWDS of type "Mobile UI Component for Handhelds". So I went to the "Resource" perspective, by going to Window > Open Perspective > Other >  Resource. In the "Project Explorer" view I opened the project and restarted the NWDS.

Bingo the error went away.

Have a nice day
Amardeep Verma

Answers (0)