Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show dotted line realtionship in Org Chart

LarsFeller
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a customer how wants to use dotted-line relationships. I configured the relationship type and the dotted-line relationship is shown in the details panel. But this relationship is not shown in the Org Chart? How can I configure Nakisa Org Chart to show this relationship in the org chart itself?

Many Thanks!

Lars

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

What relationships did you use in the backend? The application uses ZNG and 005 by standard: ZNG for O to S and 005 for S to S. If you are using different ones then you should change the ABAP Add-on paramters in the Data Center. There ar also some filters used to identify dotted line nodes in the structure, but we can look into this when you confirm the relationships used.

Best regards,

Luke

LarsFeller
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

thanks for your quick reply. In this case the standard 005 S to S relationship is used. I can see that the evaluation path works successfully, because I can see that information in the details section.

The customer also wants, that a (dotted) line is drawn between this two boxes. I'm not sure, if that is possible?

Thanks!

Lars

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Usually a dotted line only shows if the node as a dotted line to OrgUnit. To show a dotted line if it is Position to Position (005) dotted line then you need to make a few customizations. I think the easiest way is to use the existing IsDotted field to represent both dotted line Org relationships and dotted line Position relstionships in  NakisaRFC function SAPOrgUnitOrgChartTypeSHierarchyFun.xml. Otherwise, you have to create a new field to this data element, add it to 2 data elements and then do some XSL customizations.

In the function you should add a new table to extract function that extracts this relationship (you can use table Org2DottedPos as a template. Once done you need to add this to the output table SAPOrgUnitChartPositionFunTempDotted and change the processed table logic to select records where either the existing field (Object_ID) or your new field are not null.

Best regards,

Luke

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lars,

Firstly what relationship type are you using in SAP ECC to define dotted relationship?

By default, OrgChart 3.0 will show the following:

Dotted Position to PositionHRP1001S to SA005
Dotted Position to Org UnitHRP1001S to OAZNG

Stephen