cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:BC Sets Activation in AC10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding BC Sets activation.

Why should we activate them again as they already exist in the system and tables are populated with entries.What purpose does it achieve by activating the BC Sets.

The reason for above is I am setting up my Production system and see that all BC sets are available and so was wondering should I really transport the BC sets activation from my Dev system.

Thanks

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

This is a general question about BC Sets. You'll find information about BC Sets here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Basis/Business+Configuration+Sets+%28BC+Sets%29+and+their+use

There was a similar question in the forums about BC Sets in 5.3

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1595855

With the BC activation you load the "template customizing". This step is required as per the installation guide. If you've already performed changes in a system and you activate the BC you could loss data.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Diego.As it doesn't allow the activation in production I will transport them over from my dev system.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was also wondering if there is some way to check for the BC Sets in Production i.e.if the activation was successful as I had moved all BC Sets activation from my dev system via transport today.Just concerned as these are important components and am in production and want to make sure the activation was alright.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

In your customizing system you can check for the activation log. In your production system you should check the transport log. Do you have RC=0? do you have any warnings /errors in the transport log?.

If all is fine, the activation in production was successfully performed.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

I tried transporting the BC set transport request created in Development system into our QA system and it ended with an error RC = 8

When i checked the transport log it showed me the following error :

It shows error below this line

start import R3TRCDATVC_GRFN_MSMP_WORKFLOW

1 duplicate key error during insert into table GRFNMWCNRULEID occured

End import R3TRCDATVC_GRFN_MSMP_WORKFLOW (with warnings)

Further logs showed

1 entry for GRFNMWCNRRESLT merged (400EIFGRAC_USERACCRVW_INITIATOR       GRAC_DEFAULT_RESULT); as part of view V_GRFNMW_ACRES

E071-LOCKFLAGs 000018 - 000036 updated ('2', 19 entries).

102792 32436212

When i checked if BC set was activated or not

BC Set: GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST_APPL_MAPPING it said

Has the BC Set already been activated in the current client?          No

Along with the following comment

GRACAPPLMAPPING  Checked activation of data for object GRACAPPLMAPPING not allowed for techn. resons

I also did the "Key Conflict Check" in GRD & GRQ but it said "There are no Key conflicts"

I also compared the Table: GRFNMWCNRULEID in GRD it contained 68 values ( 7 of which are custom rules e.g) custom agent , custom initiator)

whereas in GRQ it showed 61 values (all standard agents, initiator agents etc)

Should i manually "activate" this BC set in QA system ?? or How can i fix this error ??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

When i checked if BC set was activated or not

BC Set: GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST_APPL_MAPPING it said

Has the BC Set already been activated in the current client?          No

If you've used the transport procedure, you won't see nothing there. I've asked the same question to the support team time ago.

Regarding your transport, looks that there's something wrong. Have you performed configurations in your QA system before the transport?... you should transport BEFORE doing any kind of configuration.

If the problem persist, I advise you to contact SAP Support.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

Thank you for the reply !!

I did not do any configuration !! I just did client copy from 000 to new client 400.

I am very surprised by this error.

A similar error was seen when I transported the Request : Activate MSMP for AC.

Approx 75 other Transports have gone successful except for these two.

The good thing right now is I am able to submit a new request in GRC & the workflow is getting triggered.

May be during production activities i will not import these two activities and will do it manually !!

Thanks & Regards,

Victor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

In Addition to Diego points, also check if the data is populated in the tables.

I know you checked the data was present before, but not you have transported activated BC sets into production.

If all is there then they are activated.

Regards,

Rajesh