cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding data preview error(2048 Column store error:search table error)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am testing the analytic privilege, seems its not working perfectly.

so i started creating new package and started testing.

I created new package ZZZZ under Contents and analytical view V1.

when i data preview its giving below error.

SAP DBTech JDBC:2048 Column store error:search table error:2950 user is not authorized.

Below is the current situation

I have already added Schema  in Usr1 ->SQL privilege as well as SYS_REPO user  ->SQL privilege  too.

Column view is created under SYS_BIC. But data preview is giving error.

Can you pls advice. what to check.

Regards Magalingam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra,

yes, column view is created in the _sys_bic.

If you want to use the analytical privilege then you have to add the created analytical privilege in the user's analytical privilege under the authorization.

Hope it is useful.

Rgards,Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neha Thanks for support for today and yesterday. Before creating analytic privilege i cannot see the data preview of analytic view. I get above error. do you know why? Regards Magalingam

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra,

Could you please share the screenshot for the error.

Check once have to given the proper authorization for the schema that is select and execute.

Regards,Neha

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your user has MODELING Role added,and if _SYS_REPO has the schema with select priv,then you will be able to see the data during Data Preview.But in this case you can't realize the use of Analytic Privilege.

So create a New Analytic Priv and add your Analytic View.Activate the Analytic Priv.Assign this to your user via SYSTEM user.

Remove the MODELING role for that user and do data preview of the Analytic View.

Now you will be able to see the data based on the restriction you applied in Analytic Priv.

This is very simple to understand and realize with handson.

Rgds,Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neha yes i have only Select option checked in Schema. I am trying to check EXECUTE option. but it says below error Could not execute 'grant EXECUTE on schema XXXUSR1 to XXXUSR1' SAP DBTech JDBC: [7]: feature not supported: grantor and grantee are identical. I cannot change either with SYSTEM OR other user too. Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali Thanks for reply. i will check out this. before that do you have idea how to grant access for below view I am trying to check EXECUTE option for my schema in SQL privilege. but it says below error Could not execute 'grant EXECUTE on schema XXXUSR1 to XXXUSR1' SAP DBTech JDBC: [7]: feature not supported: grantor and grantee are identical. I cannot change either with SYSTEM/Same user/other user too. How to handle this. Regards

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello chandra,

You can able to select the "Select" option only, because it is created by the other user. If you will select the "select option" then also you will be able to see the record.

Execute will work only for the user who create the schema and table within schema.

Regrds,

Neha

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra,

Here to go..

1. User1 created the schema schema1. user able to add the schema1 in the _sys_repo or SQL priviledge with select and execute option.

2. Other user or admin can add the schema1 in SQL priviledge using Select option only.

Then after that they able to see the data.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards,neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murali/Neha,

I'm facing the same error. I have created analytical priv using my ADMIN id. I assigned this priv to the APP id. When I try to preview data using APP id, I'm getting the same authorization error. I have given SELECT access to all the schemas and SELECT,EXECUTE for _SYS_BI and SYS_BIC.

I'm able to preview data with the ID used for creating analytical privilege.

Note : I used the same approach in quality system and was able to see the data.

Any suggestion will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Anil

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Do you have Select Priv with grant Yes option in _SYS_REPO for your schema.If not,give that.

Rgds,

Murali

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

You need to add the schema in the _sys_repo. Pleas try it. How it will helpful.

Regards,Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha/Murali,

I have given SELECT with Grantable to others option to the user _SYS_REPO. It seems strange as I can see the data with the id used for creating analytical privilege.

Hope _SYS_REPO access is fine , else it won't allow me to preview data then also.

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

Could you please elaborate more what you are trying to achieve.

I am sorry but i not geting you..

Regards,Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha/Murali,

I deleted the existing analytical priv and recreated one. After assigning this one, the user is able to see the data.

I'm not sure if I missed anything in first one created.

Anyways thanks for the replies.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha and Muruli

Thanks for support.

Almost Analytic privilege and basic errors are solved with ur support.

Let me come to final error, displayed in this topic. Any idea or clue how to find the problem from below error.

Error; SAP DBTech JDBC:2048 Column store error:search table error:2950 user is not authorized.

Regards

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

This is with User Authorization issue only.

I guess you are doing the Data Preview with Non System user who has been assigned with Analytic Privilege.Make sure the Schema which has tables is assigned to your user and _SYS_REPO user with Select with Grant option.

Kindly let me know.if you still face any other issue

Rgds,Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

In addition to ensuring the addition of schema for your user and adding the same in _SYS_REPO, also check if analytic privilege is actually assigned to your user.

Reason: If you modify an analytic privilege after adding to a user, the privilege gets removed from the users.

Also, check if user has 'SELECT' privilege on _SYS_BI  schema.

And: I hope you are trying to preview the same view on which privileges were assigned.The exact error you mention is seen when user does not have privileges on a view and tries to do data preview.

Regards, Rahul