cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ODBC connections in Crystal report XI R2 on Windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Recently i change computer and now i’m on Windows seven.
When i open Crystal report R2 XI and I created a new ODBC connection, this message appears

« Crystal reports :
Failed to connect
Details: IM014: [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Data Source (DSN) has specified an architecture incompatibility between the driver and application»

After several searches, i find that there is a problem of compatibility between Windows 7 and CR XI R2.
I followed the instruction on this link :
http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio/blog/2011/06/07/where-did-all-the-cry...
I download SP4 full build and SP6 incremental
I have unistalled CR XI R2 and then i installed  SP4 and  SP6.

After i tried to open CR XI R2, and i created a new ODBC connection and the same message appears.
When i look to the software version in the help menu and  « About Crystal report »
In the windows, i can see the version 11.5.12.1838.

Do you know if this version means that the SP6 is properly taken into account ?
Someone has already had the same problem. ?

Windows 7 is on 64 bits and CR XI R2 is install in Program Files (x86) on 32 bits.
It’s a problem ?

Does the ODBC driver for MySQL that is the problem  ?

Could you please help me.
Thank you for your assistance,

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

You have done everything to be compatible with Windows 7 except for one thing. CR XI R2 is a 32 bit application and therefore requires all dependencies to also be 32 bit. You likely either installed the 64 bit Client and/or you created the DSN in the 64 bit ODBC Administrator. Browse to \windows\syswow64 folder and odbcadm32.exe and create your System DSN using the 32 bit ODBC Administrator.

Thanks

Don

PS - if you searched you would have this posted multiple times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I tried to create a DSN with the odbcadm.exe (odbcad32.exe on my computer) but when I add a connection, the ODBC driver MySQL 5.1 is not visible. So I can not create a DSN.

Then I installed the ODBC driver MySQL 5.1 in 32 bit because there were but 64-bit.

I try to create a new DSN with the ODBC Administrator and a 32-bit rreur appears.

I decided to uninstall the 64 bit version of ODBC ll'Administrateur.

And then the creation worked.

My DSN is visible in CR XI R2

Thank you for your help

Answers (0)