cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting '#' value in Particular column in Bex report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my Bex Query output, I am getting '#' value for a particular column in the places where i dont have actual values.  I want this to be displayed as Blank instead of '#' being filled up. 

I know this is an easy question to ask, i tried searching in SDN for previous posts, but with this new look & feel of SDN I couldnt find the old threads with the same topic. 

Any help on this is highly be appreciated

Regards,

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

here's one from the old posts, http://scn.sap.com/thread/37488

No Points needed since it is not mine idea

BenyV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think # records for null values is a default on BEX.

you may try to work with ABAPER and ask to put a code like on a field routine to make all the initial values into ' '

' ' means space so it will show a blank record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As AL mentioned at Bex Level you cannot make this entry blank. However if the Bex Query would be provided to the Users as Workbook reports, then you can put a VB code which would replace all "#" with blank. And the VB Macro code can be included in Bex On refresh.

Thanks & Regards,

NM

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i understand,at Bex level you cannot make that empty or blank.

There is some work around which you can apply instead of not assigned or # you can display . which indeed makes your data look muck prettier than earlier. 

Steps to be followed to achieve the same are as follows: 

GO to RSA1 select that particular infoobject for which you need to show . value and then go to maintain master data and maintain a new entry as . and then save it.Activate master data.

Now at query level display as text for that infoobject .It should replace # with . You can apply the same for other infoobjects as well in case you need

Hope that helps.

Regards,  AL