cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing characterisctic value in the report with user input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we are having the AR report where we are calculating the due days from (Clearing date -Net due date).

we have created CKF for due days F1 - F2 where F1 is formula variable with Replacement path of Clearing date and F2 is formula variable with Replacement path for Net due date.

Due days are being calculated correctly,Now the problem is for some records with item status Open,the value for clearing date is not availble and its showing some unexpected result.Since we had Clearing date displayed in the report it is showing # for which clearing date was blank and user requested to add # in the filter value for clearing date along with input variable and now he is asking he dont want to see #  for clearing date if record dont have value and replace # with value what user entering in the selection screen,i thought of changing processing type for F1 with customer exit where i can capture user input value but how can i replace value of a characteristic from user input in customer exit.please confirm me if it is possible and yes then how can i replace the value.

We are having Clearing date as Filter with 2 values :

1.Not Assigned(#)

2.Variable with User Entry Default value.

Regards,

Sunil Kumar.B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make a formula variable with replacement path.

Please follow the below details.

Steps to be followed:

1. Create on formula variable say F3
  2. In general tab----Global settings----Processing by Replacement path------Reference characteristic Clearing date.
  3. Replacement path tab-----Replace variable with ---Variable
  4. Give the technical name of User input variable created on CLEARING DATE.
  5. Use interval---From value.
  6. Currency/Unit tab---Dimension----Date

Save the formula variable and use it in your formula.This will give you the date entered by user.

Now make a new formula like this.

You already have clearing date converted to use in formulas so ll make its use.

(F1==0)*F3+F1

Make use of boolean operators to write if else conditions.

Hope it suffice your requirement.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu,

Sorry for very late response,the procedure what have you suggested helped us to achive the requirement.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member199691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not understand your requirement completely. If it is about displaying Clearing Date as the user input while the Clearing Date is # in the cube, it can not be done unless you go for Virtual Characteristic. but if it is just about display, I will not suggest to go for Virtual Characteristic instead you should set the expectation with user that blank value will be displayed as #.

- I saw some thread which talk about java script to replace # with blank, you can try that. Serach the forum for relevant threads.

Regards, Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bolle,

You do not need a customer exit variable,you should just create a formula variable input enabled for a value of type date and not number and in your CKF insert a boolean statemant to take the value from the relevant formula variable

Eitan.