Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment differences in Automatic payment program

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I need your advise on the below.

Customers: I have configured Direct debit  and working fine. My requiremnt is to post deductions/differences while clearing invoice in APP.

For example: posted invocie for 1000 and received 990 and 10 is difference. Reason code should be applied on this deduction or difference amount and posted automatically in the system.

How we can configure this with Automatic payemnt program.

Regards,

Lucky.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

dear the difference which u getting it is the discount i think first u check the app paramater while execution of the app .

Regrads

Naserk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lucky,

In APP configuration you can select the relevant field for payment differences(Cash Discount)

Please find the the following steps:

• In APP configuration (T.Code: FBZP) Select All Company Codes Tab (T.Code: OBVU)
  • Here If you are already configured for All Company Codes then select the Company Code or Select New Entries
  • Here you will see the Control Data, Cash Discount and tolerances,Vendors, Customers TAB
  • Goto Cash Discount and tolerances tab and activate the relevant fields and enter the cash discount % for payment differences.

Thanks & Regards,

Umamageshwaran S

Message was edited by: Umamageshwaran Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for the reply.

We are not giving Cash discounts to customer. The payemnt difference is due to rounding off andd need to apply reason code on it.

How can we configure this APP.

Thanks,

Lucky

Former Member
0 Kudos

To configure Reason Codes and Account for differences Go To SPRO =>Financial Accounting=>Accounts Rceivable and Payable=>Business Transactions=>Incoming Payments=>Overpayment/Underpayment=>Define Reason codes(here there is an indicator box to "charge off difference via separate account".

Uder the same menu below the aboove config there is Define accounts for payment differences=>Configure the GL account .click on rules to set the reason code.

When you run APP follow the steps i mentioned in my previous reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eashwari,

Thanks for the reply.Your replies are usefull.

I have configured reason codes , assigned posting rules and accounts and also configured necessary settings for automatic payment program.

As you said i went to Free selection , Given Field Name : Reason code and values.

If i execute APP now its only taking line items posted with reason code "XXX"

Is there any way if i execute APP it should post to customer 990 ( Invocie amount is 1000)and difference amount 10 to account assigned in the reason code settings and 1000 to my bank account.

Regards,

Lucky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me on this. Your help is higly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lucky

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Points to check

1. Have you created tolerance limits for your Customers in OBA3? If not, create them

2. FBKP - Automatic payment postings -> Cash discount and payment differences -> Payment differences by reason (ZDI). Here assign your Payment difference GL Accounts and save.

Now try to run F110

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i have configured all these.

Only my doubt is: I have invocie for 1000 but my customer sent me check for 990 and 10 is deduction.

So the entries shud be:

DR: Bank account:990

Dr: Reason code account:10

Cr: Customer:1000

In APP where can i mention my customer is paying only 990. I think i can not change amount filed in APP.(10$ is deduction, not discount which i am giving). These deductions may varry and i come to know about this deduction when i receive check from my customer.

Please help me on this. Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

LUcky

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Option 1: - Either you would have created a payment term through OBB8 with discount on before due date.

Option 2: - Receive it through F-28, Standard mode, 990 payment and discount 10.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thank you so much for your immediate reply.

I know about second option: F-28:  i can not use this becasue we need to send a file to bank. So We are planning to use App(Automatic payment program)

Optio1: I am not sure about first option" Terms of payment": Now i am using terms of payment 0001,which is payable immediately.

How can i select discount before due date option. I have checked in OBB8 but could not find it.

Please eloberate on this

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Lucky

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just do a small change in OBB8

Keep the below in your payment term 0001 and try

Term 1      Percentage 1% (what ever % you would like to)     No of days    give like 30 days (should                                                                                                                   come within the due)

save it and run the APP

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I understood what you are telling.But my deduction amount is not a contant value. It changes everytime.

Regards,

Lucky

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Need your help on this......

If i maintain percentage(for ex:3) in payment terms . it wud calculated 3% when i execute APP but my deduction amount is not constant, it varies.

How can i change deduction amount in APP. If i go to edit proposal it is grayed out.

Regards,

Lucky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you r configuration under SPRO =>Financial Accounting=>Accounts Rceivable and Payable=>Business Transactions=>Outgoing Payments=>Outgoing Payments global Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

This is for incoming payments from customer and i know this step.

My question is if i execute payment program how it is going to hit that account. Where should i mention reason code in APP.

If i execute APP its clearing my full invocie.

Regards,

Lucky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to Free selection TAB in F110 when you enter the parameters,click on drop down of "Field Name",chose document ,Select "Reason code" from the list.Under "Values" field below it enter the required reason code.hope this helps!