cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted measures in Analytic View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have problems in creating Restricted measures in Analytic view.

1. How to restrict a parameter(eg: Comp code) not equal to blank? eg: Comp code <> '#'

I am trying with operator 'Is Not Null', but include check box is not selectable. I cant find not equal operator. how to achieve not equals to and what is values for blank in hana data base. for example in BW-Bex query, blank is restricted with unassigned '#'.

2. how to achieve complex exprssions?

for example i want sales amount based on document type and prod group.

Sales amount, where (Document type = '10' AND prod group <> 'RV') OR (Document type = '11' AND prod group <> 'NV') OR (Document type = '12' AND Prod Group <> 'KR'), How to achieve this kind of expression, is it possible achieve using the combination of both calaculated measures and restricted measures?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pundari,

1. How to restrict a parameter(eg: Comp code) not equal to blank? eg: Comp code <> '#'

I am trying with operator 'Is Not Null', but include check box is not selectable. I cant find not equal operator. how to achieve not equals to and what is values for blank in hana data base. for example in BW-Bex query, blank is restricted with unassigned '#'.

Yes, in this is will not selectable because you are using "Is Not Null" operator and if you will see while selecting "IS Null" which will not able to deselect include. But don't worry you will be able to see the column while previewing the data.

In HANA "?" sign is used for blank.

so for that us can use IS null operator directly.

2. how to achieve complex exprssions?

for example i want sales amount based on document type and prod group.

Sales amount, where (Document type = '10' AND prod group <> 'RV') OR (Document type = '11' AND prod group <> 'NV') OR (Document type = '12' AND Prod Group <> 'KR'), How to achieve this kind of expression, is it possible achieve using the combination of both calaculated measures and restricted measures?

For complex calculation you an go fro calculation view using SQL Scripting. yes, it is possible to achieve calculated measure and restricted measure  both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we have any how to document to use restricted and calculated measures?

I cant find syntax for formula in calculated measures in Modelling document. Can you please help me providing some info/document with an example

Thanks,

Ravi.

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hellp Pundari,

Please find the below link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1052f8d7-4b2a-2f10-6b9d-da8fbdc96...

or you can see the my document also.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26056

Hope it is useful.

Regards,neha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any ideas on this question?

- Is it possible to add a column/measure using SQL statemnt in Analytic view?

- do you think just to achieve not equal to(<>) operator is Calculation view only the way?

please throw some light..

thanks.

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pundari,

- Is it possible to add a column/measure using SQL statemnt in Analytic view?

Till now it is not available but in near future it will be available that you can create the analytical view using SQL.

- do you think just to achieve not equal to(<>) operator is Calculation view only the way?

No, you can use the calculation measure also with using If Statement what you want to achieve.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards,Neha