cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFO batch management for automatically created batches based on last GR date (MCH1-LWEDT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use batch management. I have created a class type 023 and also a characteristic referented to MCH1-LWEDT field (last GR date) .I have associated the class to a material in the material master and system creates the batches automatically attaching them last GR date.

Now, I need both:

1- Determine FIFO strategy in any movement (except enties of course. In these system created batches automatically) in IM.

2- Determine FIFO strategy in any movement (except enties of course. In these system created batches automatically) in WM.

I have gone through the forum and there are lots of threaths regarding this issue but I nothing clear. I have tried some transactions but any of them is working.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you may have to do the config settings in Batch determination and batch check in Batch management under Logisitic general

you can manage the condition tables for movement type in MBC1, cob 1 for process order etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just want automatic FIFO batch selection when making goods issues; that is; 201, 221, 261 etc....

What I have done is the following: 

1- Created a class type 023 (Z_FIFO)

2- A characteristic referented to MCH1-LWEDT field (last GR date) (Its name is Z_CAR_FIFO)

Associating a material this class we get system creates the batches automatically attaching them last GR date.

3- From cu70 transaction I have created a sort sequence name Z_SEC. The characteristic associated to this sequence is Z_CAR_FIFO and I have marked "ascending" flag.

4- In SPRO- Logistics General- Batch Management- Batch Determination and Batch Check - Strategy Types :

For both; ME01 and ME02 -> I have modified values for "class" and "sort sequence" -> I have write Z_FIFO in class and Z_SEC in sort sequence.

5- From MBC1 transaccion, I have selected ME01 strategy type and also "mevement type" .

I have created and entry for movement 201 associating Z_SEC sequence.

I have selected ME02 and for the plant "H000" I have created and entry associating Z_SEC sequence.

After all these I create a PO and create some 101 movements. Batch creation is automatic attaching las GR date to the batch. After that, I execute migo transaction; 201 movement and system is not able to select a batch automatically; and error raises asking for batch number.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check out this customization setting

Logistics Execution --> Warehouse Management --> Strategies --> Stock Removal Strategies --> Define FIFO Strategy