cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter Channel in 7.0 EhP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have read many notes and BPs (like C39) about channel "letter" for campaigns and I do not see there anything that an end user could easy use.

I mean the scenario where the prints are done at customers site by CRM, and not at third party based on exported file with customers from target group.

I see the possible mailform fillin on campaign when I choose OpenChannel as a communication channel, and think this could be something

interesting for me. I would like to make a functionality where as for emails, mailform would be set on campaign and when execution, prints will be loaded to spool.

Has anybody any experience in configuration for letter channel in CRM 7 when self printing was to be done?

Regards

Radek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Radek.

Actually the letter channel was missed and there are notes for SAP CRM 7.0 Ehp1:

Note 1573981 - A channel is missing in EHP1

Note 1587963 - A channel is missing

which enable it. May be this will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Letter has been re-introduce also for EHP0 as far as I know. There is an old discussion by    about this topic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Andrei,  I know these notes and I have them in my system but I do not fully understand how it works. Can you please post example user steps for such letter campaign? (how the print is done - from activity or any bulk job)

Regards

Radek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I create new comm channel for Marketing with comm medium = 4.

I had to create form for letter but could do it only in tcode CRMD_EMAIL - I did not find any place in web ui to create it. I had also to create print profile for campaign. And later I set it all on campaign, and it works.

Regards

andr_siegling
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Radoslaw,

where did you create the Print Profile, I am trying to set up the channel letter campaigns but finally I am not able to create the print profile.

Thanks a lot for any hints.

Best regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

it was a bit long time ago so I hardly remember. possibly it was some maintenance view (sm30) where such profile could be created. please try with V_CRMC_IM_PRINT

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189549
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Radoslow,

Unfortunately, in CRM 7.0 you will not be able to print mail forms as you did in CRM 5.0. You can use CRM and the file export function to export the data then use a third party tool to format and print the letters. Another option would be to create an Open chennel BADI that uses the code from the old CRM version.

thanks

Willie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Willie,

what code from CRM 5 are you writing about (you mean badi CRM_MKT_EXP_CAMP_DAT) ?

Regards

Radek

former_member184510
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Radoslaw,

I thing you can use Action profile for the desired functionality.

Condition would be:

if ( campaign status = Executed) then Print the campaign details.

You can go through http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/Action+profiles+in+SAP-CRM  for further details on action profile creation using smart forms.

Regards,

Aneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx,

so on campaign I would only need channel like "Activities with print" and field for choosing smartform?

<user should choose smartform on campaign level>.

Regards

Radek

former_member184510
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, on campaign level. Technically it should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you implemented sth like this?

any performance problems?

all the activities should print automatically to 1 printer?

Regards

Radek

former_member184510
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, I have not implemented but I know that the feature exists.