Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical scroll bar in inner page / content area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am using Default frame work page.

I home page i am getting Vertical scroll bar, and this scroll bar is starting from the content area not from the lop of the borwser i.e from masterhead.

As i am displaying more content in home page we can not avoid  vertical scroll bar., but it has to start from header not from content area / inner page

I tried changing height of  home page , desktop innerpage and frame work page with all setting [Automatic, full page and fixed ] and values.

Still i am not able to find a solution for this.

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks

Karthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthi,

The issue you experience is a normal behavior as the browser renders a scroll on the content that is bigger than the container it is placed inside.

Since in this case that container is the innerpage iframe (the content area you referred to), the scroll will appear on the content area and not on the entire body .

If you wish the scroll to appear on the entire body, you will have to change the framework page in use and build it as one vertical container, without innerpages as they are generating iframes which will cause a scroll on them.

Best Regards,

Nadav.

former_member188326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nadav,

As per your suggestion how to generate the framework without innerpages?

Can you please guide in deep on this?

Regards,

Bharat V. Mistry

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have several options.

1. Create your own framework page as you wish (with any layout you want), see the following links:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/49/d32eeb677758c1e10000000a421937/content.htm

2. As i understand you are using the "classic" framework page (not the ajax). try opening for edit the  Framework page and then open each of the components (inner page, masthead) and try to set the "isolation method" property from URL to 'Embedded'.

Not sure it will achieve what you are looking for , but its worth a try.

Best Regards,

Tal

former_member188326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tal,

Yes I have used the classic framework page. As you have suggested I have changed the isolation mode of both the Desktop Inner page and the content area iview to Embedded but no success.

Thanks & Regards,

Bharat V. Mistry

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best option would be ofcourse to have your own framework page (you may use some components already that exists).

As for several additional trials, perhaps playing also with the Heigh type (fullpage vs automatic) may assist here.

Best Regards,

Tal