cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Crystal Reports for Windows 7 64-bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am posting on behalf of a colleague who currently uses Crystal Reports 9 Developer Edition, however he has found that reports he has made will not run on Windows 7 64-bit machines.  He has developed his own software using VB6.0 which uses these reports, so at the moment his software is not fully compatible with Windows 7.

So, my colleague now wants to upgrade to a version of Crystal Reports which will generate reports that will work on W7 64-bit machines, however he is concerned about having to re-develop the reports he's already made in Crystal Reports 9.

So my question is, which version of Crystal Reports should my colleague get, how easy would it be for him to 'upgrade' the reports he's made and also do SAP offer upgrades at a discount to previous customers?

Any help offered would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will my colleague need the Developer Editions of CR 2008 and XI?  Your link only seems to have patches and service packs, not full versions of the software unless I'm missing something.

Thanks for you help so far!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select "service pack" in "software type, so that you will get both full built and the service packs of 2008.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Crystal reports 2008 sp3 and above upgrades supports windows 7 64 bit, however you have to first open your crystal 9 reports in XI to open them in cystal reports 2008.
You can download crystal reports 2008 at the following link

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

You can ask your sales account manager to consult SAP about discount.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but your post is slightly confusing to me.  Would my colleague need to purchase XI and 2008 to get the reports working?  Also, what exactly (if anything) can he download from the link you provided?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you need to have both XI and 2008 to get the reports working , if you need to open the reports in 2008, first you have to open in XI and then in 2008.wind 7 is supported by Crystal 2008 only not by XI.

the link which i have provided will help you to download crystal reports 2008.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So there is no version of Crystal Reports which will be able to open the reports and also works with Windows 7 64-bit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your version of crystal is below XI then you have to open them in XI first and then in the later versions of crystal like XIR2, 2008.

However only Crystal XIR2 SP6 and crystal report 2008 SP3 onwards crystal supports Win 7 64 bit.

Thank you.