SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Payment Budget Consumption in Material Goods Receipt

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are facing Problem while doing Material Goods Receipt.

While creation of PO, Commitment Budget is consuming and

while creation of Goods Receipt for Materials, Commitment and Payment Budget is consuming.

And FMAVCR01 report is showing Negative Payment Budget and invoice also not stopping if payment budget is not uploaded.

We Activated 350 profile with GR/ INV Update because customer wants to have Payment budget checking at the time of Service Entry GR.

Anybody can help me on this.

Thanks in Advance All.

Regards,

SAM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If u activate Commitment and Payment budgets both,  PR and POs will be created with Commitment Budget, But at the time of Actuals posting (GR posting),  2 FM Line Items will be created i.e. one for Commitment Budget and one for Payment Budget.This is standard behaviour. The posting of 54/60 value types (FI postings) is done on both ledgers - commitment and payment - for update profile 000350.

At the time of GR posting system will not check Budget AVC contro (Please see the notes 755495), but at the time of IR posting system checks the Budget AVC.

See the SAP notes 755495

Hope this will help to u

Regards

Rao

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If u activate Commitment and Payment budgets both,  PR and POs will be created with Commitment Budget, But at the time of Actuals posting (GR posting),  2 FM Line Items will be created i.e. one for Commitment Budget and one for Payment Budget.This is standard behaviour. The posting of 54/60 value types (FI postings) is done on both ledgers - commitment and payment - for update profile 000350.

At the time of GR posting system will not check Budget AVC contro (Please see the notes 755495), but at the time of IR posting system checks the Budget AVC.

See the SAP notes 755495

Hope this will help to u

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Mr.Rao,

Yes, at the time of GR posting budget checking is not happening, but unfortunately at the time of IR also system is not checking the budget if i do the IR with Same GR Value.

Even at the time IR PB is not uploaded then system is not issuing the messge.

but if i do the IR with more than GR Value then both CB and PB Errors are coming.

Thanks in Adance all.

Regards

SAM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me understand: do you say that there is no budget control on payment budget, right? Did you check if it happens also for other transactions, e.g. there is no budget control for simple FI document?

In this case, check if payment budget ledger is activated in AVC and tolerance profile strategy is duly assigned. If this is the case, run FMAVCREINIT transaction on this ledger.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thank you Eli,

I checked for Sample FI Document, system is checking Payment Budget.

also i checked tolerence profile Assignment and ran FMAVCREINIT but probelm still not resolved.

we assigned the Activation Control checking with Soft Check Logic, is there any relevance for this setting.

Thanks in advance all.

Regards

SAM.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Under 'soft' logic AVC messages should be issued if there is a decrease in available budget. If GR consumes the budget in your update profile, as you've mentioned, then there should be decrease. Did you set any filters for consumable amounts (actuals) for this ledger? Also, try setting a trace in FMAVCDERITPROF transaction and post your GR. While doing so, check what profile is derived and whether it's what you've defined.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thank you Eli,

yes, i made the settings under >>Define Filter Settings for Budget Values>>Define the Consumable Budget >> for budget type "Normal " and "Transfer " budget, when i am trying GR, Trace is not opening.

Regards

Sam.

0 Kudos

Hi

Can you let me know the reason why you  made filter settings for Budget type normal and Transfer budge?

Use T.Code FMAVCDERITPROF then select defined tolerance profile after that click on Activa trace button. Now u can try  GR posting, so that u can able to check which tolerance profile is triggering.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Thank you Mr.Rao

we made filter settings to accept the budget Data. i ran FMAVCDERITPROF, still GR is  not opening the Trace Screen.

Thanks & Regards

SAM.

0 Kudos

Hi

Follow the below steps.

1. user t.code FMAVCDERITPROF

2. select derivation stretagy which u defined then click on continue button

3. Click on Test icon (F8) then fill the details (FM Area, Fiscal Year, Ledger etc.,)

4. Click on Activate Trace button

5. Click on Close button

6. open one more screen and perform GR posting

7. At the time GR posting you can get the derived tolerance profile details

Hope this will help to u

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Rao,

Even After using T.Code FMAVCDERITPROF and following above steps, still we are unable to trace Tolerance Profile in GR Posting.

Regards

SAM

0 Kudos

Hi,

I was referring not to the budget filter, but to the 'actuals'. Also, if profile window does not pop-up during GR, it means that no posting is made to AVC ledger. What SAP release you are in? If it's late release, then there should be no bugs with such a normal procedure and you ought to check your configuration of AVC ledger and update profile again.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi

check with the same process by posting normal FI document, whether you are able to see tolerance profile or nor?

Regards

0 Kudos

Thank you Eli,

In SPRO >>> Define Filter Settings for Commitment/Actual Values >> for Ledger 9I - Value Types Excluded are Down Payment Requests (58) and Down Payments (61) in ledget 9H - Value Type Excluded is only transfer postings(66). I am still not able to get why Payment budget is going into negative at the time of Material Goods Receipt.

Is there any Setting is there to stop Negative Payment Budget posting?

Thanks in Advance All

Regards

SAM.

0 Kudos

Well, this setting is basically the activation of AVC ledger

But, there is a contradiction in your description: from one side, you tell that your GR makes a posting in 9H (PB) ledger, as you see that the available amount is getting nnegative. Though, you say, that when you set a trace in tolerance profiles and make GR, the pop-up does not show up, i.e. no posting in AVC is performed. It's self-exclusive events...

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Mr. Rao,

I can able to see the trace open window and Tolerance Profile assigned, in case of FI document posting.

Thanks & Regards

SAM

0 Kudos

Thank you for your replay Eli,

OK, But FMAVCR01 Report is showing Negative budget, can this lead to wrong interpretation ?

Thanks in advance all.

Regards

SAM.

0 Kudos

Negative budget or negative available budget (i.e. consumption>budget)?

0 Kudos

Thank you Eli,

It is Negative Available PB.

Thanks & Regards

SAM.

0 Kudos

Check the budget address of this posting as well as the value type (via FMRP_RFFMEP1AX transaction). Check that it's not statistical. Also, check that you have duly assigned to your 9H ledger the startegy for profiles and controlling objects (if you have any) in IMG activity 'Assign Tolerance Profiles and Strategy for Control Objects'.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thank you Eli,

In, FMRP_RFFMEP1AX transaction there is no Statistical Posting happened for budget address,

In IMG Settings "'Assign Tolerance Profiles and Strategy for Control Objects'"  tolerance profile and Strategy has been assigned to 9H and 9I ledgers.

Thanks in advance all

Regards

SAM.

0 Kudos

Then, I give up If the strategy is assigned and you say that activating a trace does not show the pop-up, something is wrong. If you are absolutely sure in the info you provided, you'd better open OSS message.

0 Kudos

HI

Regarding on this issue I would like to inform u few points:

1. As per words after activation of FMAVCDERITPROF, trace,  still at the time of GR posting u are not able see Trace Screen. Yes correct you will not able see the details unless and until if you implement this notes 755495). AVC control check activation at GR level. In a standard AVC will not check at GR level. That is the reason you are not able see the trace screen.

2. If it is service po then you can able see the availability trace screen at the time of SES posting. Here Budget AVC will be performed for commitment budget and payment budget.

Hope this information will be helpful for resolving your issue. Let me know if u need any inputs on this.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Thank you Mr. Rao,

We are in EA-PS-SAPK-60504INEAPS and also i checked in snote 755495 note it is already  incorporated.

Thanks & Regards,

SAM.

0 Kudos

Hi

I am sure if it is service PO definitely Budget AVC will be worked on Commitment budget and Payment budget and also you can see Tolerance profile trace activation screen.

Check your settings once again or else raise OSS message.....

Regards

Rao

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Please read the note 755495. You need to implement badi BUAVC_CHECK_RESTRICT.

The note only contains the methods, etc. If you are above release EA-PS 500, of course the note is in your release already but if the badi is not implemented...nothing will change!

Please implement such badi in the way the note describes, it hopefully will resolve the issue.

Thanks & regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Thank you very much All,

Issue has been resolved, by implementing the badi as suggested in the note 755495.

Regards

SAM.